decals help :(

Post Reply
napadaanlng
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Philippines
Contact:

decals help :(

Post by napadaanlng »

Need help with decals, whenever I try to move them from the sheet this happens.

I also read that you need to first get rid of the yellowing in the decals? Should I do that first?

Any suggestions? I really want to finish this kit T__T

Image
User avatar
mincemeat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 pm
Location: MN, USA
United States of America

Re: decals help :(

Post by mincemeat »

I'm not sure there is a way to remove "yellowing". The yellowing is a chemical reaction that I don't think is reversible. The decals breaking apart in water is also another sign of age. You'll have to go for some after-market decals, or if you have a similar kit, borrow decals from that.
Current Builds
Mk. A Whippet: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=21073
Panzer IV Ausf D Buddy Build with SteveAFV: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=19653
napadaanlng
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 pm
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: decals help :(

Post by napadaanlng »

Oh well thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll abandon this old decal and look for a similar one.
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: decals help :(

Post by digger303 »

napadaanlng wrote:Oh well thanks for the suggestion. I guess I'll abandon this old decal and look for a similar one.


This should help a lot....yellow decals can be saved by placing in the window in full sun.

http://uamf.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=9252


:th: :th:
Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
User avatar
mincemeat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 pm
Location: MN, USA
United States of America

Re: decals help :(

Post by mincemeat »

Well it looks like I learned something today.
Current Builds
Mk. A Whippet: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=21073
Panzer IV Ausf D Buddy Build with SteveAFV: http://www.intscalemodeller.com/viewtop ... 29&t=19653
User avatar
BMoore
Private
Private
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:59 pm

Re: decals help :(

Post by BMoore »

clear coat them first...wow never thought about putting yellowed decals in the sun..excellent!!!!!
Post Reply

Return to “How To Guides + Tips & Tricks”