Page 1 of 1

Mr Hobby Super Metallic Airbrush Cleaning

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:21 am
by ComfortablyNumb
Hi All,

Bit of a noob question. I've just taken delivery of a set of Mr Hobby Super Metallics. Had a go with them and went to clean the airbrush using some Ultimate cleaner and it all went 'gloopy'. Kinda panicked and used the Mr hobby thinners I bought with the paint which seemed to work ok.

I've only ever used acrylics and enamel paint before.

Should I be using a different cleaner? And should I be keeping to a specific airbrush for this kind of paint (I have my H&S Evolution and a cheap Ebay one).

Cheers,
Mike

Re: Mr Hobby Super Metallic Airbrush Cleaning

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:43 pm
by digger303
Lacquer based it is.....just make sure your AB seals will handle the lacquer....H&S WILL fairly sure your Chinese one won't.

http://www.mr-hobby.com/en/itemDetail.php?iId=134


:cheers2:

Re: Mr Hobby Super Metallic Airbrush Cleaning

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:53 pm
by Paul
Cellulose thinner will do the job fine and as long as you clean your airbrush properly you will be fine with just one

Re: Mr Hobby Super Metallic Airbrush Cleaning

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:04 pm
by Lysus
Yeah, I treat it like cleaning up after any other paint. Little laquer/cellulose thinner in the cup, swirl the brush to clean the sides and base, dump out, maybe a tiny bit more and backflow, dump out, a bit more to blow through into the pot.

Clean.

If I'm switching to acrylics I'll blow through some IPA (Ultimate thinner if you've got it) just to get it ready. Maybe useless but I do it anyway.

Re: Mr Hobby Super Metallic Airbrush Cleaning

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:16 am
by ComfortablyNumb
Thanks for the advice guys...