Page 1 of 1

Dragons Panther II (Early) - 1/35

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:37 pm
by Darklen
While I'm waiting for bricks & debris for my Dragon Sturmpanther II build, I've managed to almost finish the second of the three Dragon Panther II kits I'm working on. This one was built as an "Early" version with all the tools, add ons, armor, etc. The "Late" version will be quite stripped down in comparison.

I used Abers Panther F/II etch and Fruil KT Transport tracks (not shown). I also replaced the original kit turret with one out of Dragons retooled Panther F. I didn't install any optics as I'm presenting the vehicle as a factory fresh one painted in Dunkelgelb RAL 7028 and having some if it's camo being applied by workers. I'm using TAHK's German Tank Crew Painting Vehicle set (#T35129). Unfortunately, the figure set does not come with a compressor, so I'll have to make my own.

I drilled holes for wire foliage loops in the turret and used copper electrical wire for them. I used some Evergreen tubing for the ariel storage container. I sctrachbuilt a storage rack for the tracks as the Fruil tracks don't fit on the Dragon rack well and the ABER racks weren't long enough to go through the tracks. Bow gunners weld seem is Milliput and the barrel is also ABER.The ABER set does not come with side skirts, though it does supply the fenders and skirt hangers. Headlight is out of Tamiya's Pz IV accessory set. The gun mantlet was textured with a dremel & dental bit and then stippled with Mr. Surfacer 500. I spin the mantlet in a drill to smooth out the retaining ring on the front and used MENG conical bolt heads for the retaining bolts.

Image
Image

I'm almost scared to finish it as my finishing game is pretty weak compared to my building skills. At least there won't be any weathering to speak of or markings to worry about. Just two figures, hose & compressor.

Re: Dragons Panther II (Early) - 1/35

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:51 pm
by RonBurgundy
Looks awesome so far. The scene your going with is also interesting.