Mixing Paints
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 pm
Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, I did have a look and couldn't through the section but couldn't see anything specific to this. I also mentioned it in my intro but it probably fits better here
Basically I wondered if there was any guidance out there on how to start mixing colours? As a real life example I am going to paint a model that requires Revell 68 Dark Green, but I am keen to use Tamiya paints. According the the paint conversion tools there is no equivalent of this colour in Tamiya, which would mean I need to mix other colours to get close to it, I just have no idea where to start
I don't particularly want to know which colours to mix, just wondered if there was some guidance on how to start doing it and if there are any processes to follow to make it easier?
I am a complete novice when it comes to this; my experience of mixing paints is some vague memory of an art lesson at some point in school...
Basically I wondered if there was any guidance out there on how to start mixing colours? As a real life example I am going to paint a model that requires Revell 68 Dark Green, but I am keen to use Tamiya paints. According the the paint conversion tools there is no equivalent of this colour in Tamiya, which would mean I need to mix other colours to get close to it, I just have no idea where to start
I don't particularly want to know which colours to mix, just wondered if there was some guidance on how to start doing it and if there are any processes to follow to make it easier?
I am a complete novice when it comes to this; my experience of mixing paints is some vague memory of an art lesson at some point in school...