Page 1 of 1
I don't like my colours! What now?
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:05 pm
by CJSomerset
I'm in the middle of painting my Stuka....
I've primed, pre shaded,masked half of the splinter camo and then reversed the masking and painted the other half.
Now I don't like the colours and want to change them.
Should I re prime and start again and will the primer stick to paint?
Or would it be better to do a coat of light paint and use that as a base?
Thanks in advance
Re: I don't like my colours! What now?
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:40 pm
by chief5437
If it were me, I'd just spray over it. But that's me! Primer will stick to the paint, and you'll have a uniform surface to work from. That said, you might get some interesting effects from the previous coats if you don't prime it.
Re: I don't like my colours! What now?
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:47 pm
by chalkyw
Depending on what you want to change to then I usually put another base coat down and start again but if I wanted to change colours and thought the original might show through then I'd give it another primer coat......FYI - Tesco's Everyday Value All Purpose Cleaner (25p a ltr) is a great paint stripper for acrylics, unless they've been sealed in with a clear coat it will strip back to the plastic if you soak it for a couple of days and then give it a scrub with a toothbrush.
Re: I don't like my colours! What now?
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:59 pm
by MightyDraw
You may not need to respray to get the result you want depending on what you're perceiving as wrong: If its too bright maybe you can just try making an oil filter to neutralize the colors. You could try filtering over the individual colors as well to modify the hue? Or perhaps mask the colors individually and spray a thinner mix of paint on them to achieve a similar result.
Re: I don't like my colours! What now?
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:40 pm
by shortCummins
why not try a "winter camo" over the existing one?