Page 1 of 1
Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:07 am
by SkyPainter303
eBay truck kits are far from cheap. Where to you folks shop?
Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:19 am
by EricM
depends where you are, i shop amazon, or scalehobbyist.com or spruebrothers.com
but even the revell kits arent cheap and theyre dated the pete im working on is 1978 and i paid near 40 dollar for it.
Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:29 am
by chief5437
I had a look in my lhs today. Only trucks they had were italeri for £50. Looked nice, but I can't justify that. I'm going to look for something a bit smaller scale

Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:05 am
by SkyPainter303
EricM wrote:depends where you are, i shop amazon, or scalehobbyist.com or spruebrothers.com
but even the revell kits arent cheap and theyre dated the pete im working on is 1978 and i paid near 40 dollar for it.
Hobby Lobby sells that Peterbilt. With their 40% off coupon it would be a bargain, but it is not my favorite truck.
Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:16 am
by MightyDraw
SkyPainter303 wrote:EricM wrote:depends where you are, i shop amazon, or scalehobbyist.com or spruebrothers.com
but even the revell kits arent cheap and theyre dated the pete im working on is 1978 and i paid near 40 dollar for it.
Hobby Lobby sells that Peterbilt. With their 40% off coupon it would be a bargain, but it is not my favorite truck.
If you have a local hobby lobby I'd check it out for a truck kit. I stopped in my local one Thursday and they had some car and truck kits on clearance, among that a few big rig kits, and a car hauler.
Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:03 pm
by SkyPainter303
Apparently Hobby Lobby only sells two of the AMT Round 2 truck re-pops - the White Freightliner Cab over (which gets poor reviews) and the race truck. I went by there today and looked at the Revell Historic Series Kenworth W900. I hadn't decided whether or not I want that kit. It would be great if Revell or Italeri produced some more, vintage, American trucks. As cool as the Euro stuff is, I can't relate to them over here in the States. Original issue AMT and MPC truck kits are listed on eBay for brain-dead prices.
Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:34 pm
by Lysus
Seems like no matter where I look unless I want a snap-tite I'm going in for $40+
Then again I keep getting interested in out of print or strange kits so it's likely user error.
Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:34 am
by SkyPainter303
This would be a great deal if it weren't for the shipping price. I'm not going for this one so if one you like it, go for it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMT-WHITE-WESTE ... SwRoxXn-JR

Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:39 pm
by SkyPainter303
I went to take another look at what Hobby Lobby had in stock. I saw this firetruck for just $59.99 USD. I passed on it.
http://round2corp.com/product/american- ... ire-truck/

Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:24 pm
by Tay99
Spot model has a large selection of truck kits
Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:14 pm
by SkyPainter303
Tay99 wrote:Spot model has a large selection of truck kits
Website says they are closed until 1-SEP-16
Re: Where to find a bargain truck kit?
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:53 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
There are some good deals....ya just gotta keep looking
I got mine for $43 CAD which seems ok, not cheap mind you but these kits never were