Page 1 of 1

Cleaning clear parts post un-masking

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:45 am
by Breddy
Hi,

Almost finished my second model, a huey. Will post when it's finished as this particular huey has a history behind it (crashed).

I've just unmasked the clear bits and it's covered in residue and not looking like it did after the original future treatment. I used tamiya tape for masking.

Any tips for cleaning it up so I can get it finished and posted on the forum?

Chris
Image

Re: Cleaning clear parts post un-masking

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:51 pm
by digger303
Like to know more myself.

Re: Cleaning clear parts post un-masking

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:09 pm
by schweinhund227
Ok! First....

1st: How did you treat your Glass parts before installation ?

Did you Dip them in Future and let dry hard before installation... ?

2nd: What sort of Glue did you use to mount them to your Model ?


Reason I ask is.... If your glass was dipped in Future ? it can be saved.
if you used White glue (pva glue) then you can Pop those babies out and Dip them in WINDEX (Windowlene) and it will dissolve the Future and reveal your Clear parts...( it may take a few hours or even a full day ) and you can start over... Dip in future, let harden, Mask and Paint !

but if you used C.A. to glue them in place... it will be harder to clean up by hand ... and be careful around your Paint job !

Good luck ! I hope you can save it !

Re: Cleaning clear parts post un-masking

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:00 pm
by Breddy
Used future and pva, so will try your suggestion, thanks ;)

Chris

PS pain getting the clear parts out but most of them soaking now :)