Page 1 of 1

Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:08 am
by arilo76
Now this is a "what If" but it was really a cool plane.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:49 pm
by dogsbody
Nice.

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:29 am
by shortCummins
looking good

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:04 am
by arilo76
shortCummins wrote:looking good
dogsbody wrote:Nice.
Thanks guys :th: :cheers2:

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:48 pm
by arilo76
Unfortunately I am suspend this build indefinitely because I lost some parts of this build :wall:

Image

Revell email me yesterday:
-------------
Dear Antonio
I am really sorry to inform you that this model kit is now discontinued. We have no stock available in Germany to send you replacement part. I am really sorry for any inconvenience
Kind Regards

-------------

Re: on Hold -----Arado Ar (E) 555-----

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:51 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
That sucks Antonio :doh:
Could you try scratch building some replacements?? some brass tube, styrene stock and cement
Just saying, might be an opportunity to dive into that form of modelling which is quite fun
I could help you along if you like ;)

Re: on Hold -----Arado Ar (E) 555-----

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:46 am
by arilo76
Hi Scott, thanks for the feedback, yes is something I am considering, to scratch building the parts.
Has my abilities allow me the difficult part is part 14 ( the cannon holder part)
Thanks again for the support and yes I will take all the help I need.

Re: on Hold -----Arado Ar (E) 555-----

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:32 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
arilo76 wrote:Hi Scott, thanks for the feedback, yes is something I am considering, to scratch building the parts.
Has my abilities allow me the difficult part is part 14 ( the cannon holder part)
Thanks again for the support and yes I will take all the help I need.
If you can get some brass or aluminum tubing, those cannons could easily be re-made
I lost a blaster for a X Wing on my floor so remade them all with aluminum tube
Image
Image
Happy to help, we could work it out with photos on here together

Re: on Hold -----Arado Ar (E) 555-----

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:13 pm
by arilo76
Twokidsnosleep wrote:
arilo76 wrote:Hi Scott, thanks for the feedback, yes is something I am considering, to scratch building the parts.
Has my abilities allow me the difficult part is part 14 ( the cannon holder part)
Thanks again for the support and yes I will take all the help I need.
If you can get some brass or aluminum tubing, those cannons could easily be re-made
I lost a blaster for a X Wing on my floor so remade them all with aluminum tube

Happy to help, we could work it out with photos on here together
Thanks for the ideas, however the Part i am missing is not the actual guns. Actually it is a good idea to replace the guns with nice ones.
But the part the hold the two guns and is part 12
Image
Thanks

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:05 am
by arilo76
Good news I Find one of the missing parts and the build is back on track.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:37 pm
by dogsbody
Yay!


Chris

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:40 pm
by SolventSolution
Glad you found the part.

Nice detailing on the cockpit.

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:25 am
by arilo76
dogsbody wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:37 pm Yay!


Chris
SolventSolution wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:40 pm Glad you found the part.

Nice detailing on the cockpit.
Thanks guys, SolventSolution yes really happy I found the missing part, I hope now that I can make it in a nice model.

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:41 am
by arilo76
last two nights work on my Arrado 555

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:39 am
by arilo76
Ok this are last night progress pictures.

This is the schema that I am using for the painting
Image

Image

:eeek: there are some really ugly scratches so i better fix them.
Image

Image

Better :thumb2:
Image

Let's the fun begin
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Tonight if everything goes according to plan I should do the Engines.

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:49 pm
by arilo76
Small but important update, painted the rim in RLM 25 and added cover the metal work in the back

RLM75 should go tonight

Image

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:55 am
by arilo76
Last Night update

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

happy Enough with the result of the mottling on this vertical stabiliser. the others are not really good unfortunately but better of any other i did in the past.
Image

Image

I have to do some correction and patching on the paint but so fare happy enough. ;)

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:16 pm
by arilo76
Update from last night work

During my decal session, I noticed that my pant job was sloppy in certain areas and I also i forgot to paint the top of the vertical surfaces of the Arado :doh: :doh:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:50 pm
by arilo76
Undercarriage Decals done
Image

And start to paint the landing gears and bomb bay
Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 am
by arilo76
Update
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 pm
by aur0ra145
I like it! Looking forward to see how it turns out.

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:37 pm
by arilo76
aur0ra145 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 pm I like it! Looking forward to see how it turns out.
Thanks Aur0ra145 i hope turns out ok :)


Small progress from last night.

Image

Ultimate Concrete wash in the inside of the landing and bomb bay.
Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:46 am
by arilo76
Update!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Salt technique
Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:42 pm
by arilo76
Ok I tested the Oil Filter technique, I believe the photos they don't really show the the tonal variation but beleveme is ther :)

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

the lower part i will not use the oil technique but i will use the pastels, the reason is because i rushed and i put the landing gear up rather to wait :wall:

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm
by Zen
I think the pics show the tonal variation well enough, and it's looking awesome! :cheers2:

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm
by arilo76
Matt coat done

Image

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm
by arilo76
Zen wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm I think the pics show the tonal variation well enough, and it's looking awesome! :cheers2:
Thanks Zen I appreciate the comment.

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:44 pm
by arilo76
Nearly there the clear parts masking is now removed

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:42 pm
by Aeon
Noice paint job! :th:

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:48 pm
by arilo76
Aeon wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:42 pm Noice paint job! :th:


Thanks mate

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:12 pm
by RossiM1
That is looking spectacular Antonio stunning paint job mate :jd:

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:45 am
by arilo76
RossiM1 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:12 pm That is looking spectacular Antonio stunning paint job mate :jd:
Thanks Mate Sorry for the delay i been away form bench and site for sometime

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 pm
by demarcation
Very very nice buddy!! :clap:

Re: Arado Ar (E) 555

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:24 am
by arilo76
demarcation wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 pm Very very nice buddy!! :clap:
Thanks mate