Page 1 of 1

1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:19 pm
by strawnobi
I added a few shots with the simple Diorama I made yesterday.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image













Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image






Well, here is another completed project. It's the Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.IIIa. It was a very fun build. Some thoughts on the build:

It's another Wingut Wings engineering marvel.

1. As far as fit is concerned, there were no issues. I did have to do a tiny amount of putty work on the fuselage seams. But, it was extremely minor.

2. The decals are fantastic. The lozenge decals require no setting solution. In fact it is recommended that it not be used. I did use mark setter on the edges though.

3. All rigging was done with EZ line. I made eyelets out of copper wire and glued them to the wing first. This process fought me a little bit. But it was worth the effort. I also used EZ line and copper wire on the engine for ignition wiring.

4. I used Tamiya and Mr. Color paints. The wood detail was done by streaking oil and enamel over sandy brown and then painting it clear yellow. I used the same technique on the Rumpler. It works well. But there wasn't much wood effect to worry about here. The prop was masked and painted sandy brown and Mahogany before the oil process.

5. The instructions are amazing as usual. A real lesson in history.

I would again encourage modellers to give WNW a try. It's not a beginner's kit. But, it's not rocket science either. I can tell you from years of building R/C kits (which are more difficult) that this is a very straight forward build. Give it a shot!! They are so much fun!

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:48 pm
by Nev
That looks amazing just wish I could afford one of those kits!! :thumb2:

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:43 pm
by Willem
Stunning.

:cheers2:

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:22 pm
by shortCummins
damn fine build

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:23 pm
by strawnobi
Nev wrote:That looks amazing just wish I could afford one of those kits!! :thumb2:
I hear ya. I'd build all of them if I could afford them AND had the space. I do really want to build the Harry Tate though. I've built the Rumpler C.IV early. Both of these kits were a blast.

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:24 pm
by strawnobi
shortCummins wrote:damn fine build
Thank you. Your Albatross is amazing too.

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:25 pm
by strawnobi
Willem wrote:Stunning.

:cheers2:
Thanks for the comment! I take a lot of inspiration however from all the great guys at ISM!!!

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:05 am
by Kevthemodeller
Great build mate these kits look amazing quality :th:

Re: 1/32 Wingnut wings Pfalz D.IIIa

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:13 pm
by JohnHebborn
Another great build fella