Hasegawa 1/48 Harrier Gr.7
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:06 pm
This is my current build, which I'd already started this build before joining ISM, here's a link to my Facebook album, showing the build up to this point,
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c339014416
and I'll continue to update as and when.
(Admin, if the FB link is not allowed, please let me know and I will deleted it)
First 3 photos show the fuselage assembled, with a view down into the intakes, and a look at the pilot (PJ Productions modern RAF). Fitting the cockpit section to the main fuselage was a little tricky, but managed to get the alignment right (I think). The intake shrouds needed some sanding, just to get them lined up. Some filling will improve the look.
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
These 3 photos show the completed build, yay!
The wing and LERX fitted better than expected. After a little bit of sanding, they were dry fitted again, then, starting with the main wing, I ran some Tamiya Thin Cement into the joins, moved onto the LERX, and repeated the process. Finally, the panel behind the cockpit, and ahead of the LERX, was cemented in place. Once dried, it didn't need too much filler, so was vey happy.
All the pylons and undercarriage are primed, and once the airframe is dried and set, that get primed too.
So far, this build has been great, I'm surprised I've finished the main part of the build already.
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c339014416
and I'll continue to update as and when.
(Admin, if the FB link is not allowed, please let me know and I will deleted it)
First 3 photos show the fuselage assembled, with a view down into the intakes, and a look at the pilot (PJ Productions modern RAF). Fitting the cockpit section to the main fuselage was a little tricky, but managed to get the alignment right (I think). The intake shrouds needed some sanding, just to get them lined up. Some filling will improve the look.
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
Untitled by ian gaskell, on FlickrThese 3 photos show the completed build, yay!
The wing and LERX fitted better than expected. After a little bit of sanding, they were dry fitted again, then, starting with the main wing, I ran some Tamiya Thin Cement into the joins, moved onto the LERX, and repeated the process. Finally, the panel behind the cockpit, and ahead of the LERX, was cemented in place. Once dried, it didn't need too much filler, so was vey happy.
All the pylons and undercarriage are primed, and once the airframe is dried and set, that get primed too.
So far, this build has been great, I'm surprised I've finished the main part of the build already.
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr
Untitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr












