Page 1 of 1
Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:35 pm
by Lysus
If you're thinking about having an afternoon coffee before panel lining/pin washing, don't.
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:36 pm
by chief5437
I can only imagine what happened, lol!
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:42 pm
by Lysus
chief5437 wrote:I can only imagine what happened, lol!

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:58 am
by chief5437
Ha ha!
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:01 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Ha ha funny stuff
Next try it with a few rum and cokes....you will think you are GREAT!!!
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:20 am
by Lysus
Way ahead of ya. An ale or three later to level off and I'm the model making master...
Until I wake up tomorrow and see what horrors I've unleashed.
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:07 am
by chief5437
Careful! I usually wake up to find a load of emails confirming orders I've made from the model shop!
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:57 pm
by Madmattmodels89
chief5437 wrote:Careful! I usually wake up to find a load of emails confirming orders I've made from the model shop!
Ohhhh so that's how it happens!!! I always wondered why I get those email on Monday morning! I just thought my wife really supports my hobby!

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:43 pm
by SteelScooter
I gave up caffeine due to blood pressure and now when I have the occasional cup of tea or coffee I end up shaking like a sh*tting dog.

Makes you realise how much it effects you.

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:43 pm
by Stokesy44
Strong drink (or coffee) giveth the desire but taketh away the ability
The mind may be willing but the flesh may be weak
I never spray when I'm plastered, or is it, I never plaster when I'm sprayed - hic.

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:16 pm
by BrianI
Nothing wrong with nice hot strong black coffee, with a couple of teaspoons of coffeemate in it!

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:35 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
I picture you like this every time I read the thread title
Mr Lysus' Neighbourhood
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:47 pm
by Lysus
Twokidsnosleep wrote:I picture you like this every time I read the thread title
Mr Lysus' Neighbourhood
Normally you'd be right, but I'm on VACATION (I am obligated to go all-caps for that) so it's more like:

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:47 pm
by Lysus
BrianI wrote:Nothing wrong with nice hot strong black coffee, with a couple of teaspoons of coffeemate in it!

That's both disturbing and mesmerizing...
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:55 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Lysus wrote:Twokidsnosleep wrote:I picture you like this every time I read the thread title
Mr Lysus' Neighbourhood
Normally you'd be right, but I'm on VACATION (I am obligated to go all-caps for that) so it's more like:


...and not a milk mustachio, rather beer froth
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:25 pm
by Willem
Ah. The Dude abides.

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:33 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Funny fact: Coffee makes you nervous and gives you a shaky hand, beer relaxes you. Beer contains the same substance as sleeping pills, thats why (amongst other reasons of course

)i tend to drink one or two beers when i model. It tastes awesome and calms down.
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:35 pm
by Lysus
HamilkarBarkas wrote:Funny fact: Coffee makes you nervous and gives you a shaky hand, beer relaxes you. Beer contains the same substance as sleeping pills, thats why (amongst other reasons of course

)i tend to drink one or two beers when i model. It tastes awesome and calms down.
Yep, I did go get myself a "leveler"...usually my after dark sessions involve something alcoholic. One nice thing about VACATION is that I get to sit down and say, "I can have a beer right now. Right. Now." no matter the time of day.
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:36 pm
by Lysus
Willem wrote:Ah. The Dude abides.


Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:47 pm
by Stokesy44
Ahh yes, subtle use of upper case typing when referencing the word 'vacation'. Its good to be reminded that one of us is indeed 'larging it' on holiday whilst giving the subtle finger to the rest of us.

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:55 pm
by Vleugelmoer
Jason, I think a stiff drink to calm the nerves would be a better option

. I'm off to the spray booth again to try and finish off my PTO entry.
As always happy modeling and keep sticking styrene.
Paul J (the Other One)
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:25 pm
by chalkyw
Stokesy44 wrote:Ahh yes, subtle use of upper case typing when referencing the word 'vacation'. Its good to be reminded that one of us is indeed 'larging it' on holiday whilst giving the subtle finger to the rest of us.

Should we not collectively consider giving the stiff finger to the one 'larging it' on holiday???......this seems more appropriate somehow

.....I've just been off work for 4 days and not looking forward to tomorrow

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:50 pm
by Stokesy44
chalkyw wrote:Stokesy44 wrote:Ahh yes, subtle use of upper case typing when referencing the word 'vacation'. Its good to be reminded that one of us is indeed 'larging it' on holiday whilst giving the subtle finger to the rest of us.

Should we not collectively consider giving the stiff finger to the one 'larging it' on holiday???......this seems more appropriate somehow

.....I've just been off work for 4 days and not looking forward to tomorrow

Can't really blame him. If I'd had wifi round the pool in Greece 2 months ago, I would have been telling EVERYONE about it!
He'll soon be back at the coal face and who'll be laughing then?

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:53 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Enjoy your holidays guilt free guys, just us jealous sorts venting

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:25 pm
by Dropis258
Guys your not filling me with confidence..... I live on coffee

,I don't touch alcohol..... ( I spent 12 years in the Army if you knew what passed through my kidneys you see why I don't drink anymore

) gave up smoking in January , money I've saved pays for model kits etc , if I give up coffee I'd be a gibbering wreck

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:47 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Everything in moderation...including moderation once in a while
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:20 am
by iflytb20
I have a tip as well.
Never keep your coffee mug next to the mug you just cleaned your paint brushes in

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:14 am
by Akula1959
I would prolly give a left arm, and nuuu.... No, I need that arm for modeling... I give a left SOMETHING for vacation time. Retirement sucks. Fortunately my meds handle the shakes now so I will get back on the metal Lanc finally, and drink loads of coffee.
DonP
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:41 am
by Lysus
Vleugelmoer wrote:Jason, I think a stiff drink to calm the nerves would be a better option

. I'm off to the spray booth again to try and finish off my PTO entry.
As always happy modeling and keep sticking styrene.
Paul J (the Other One)
Tends to be my go-to after the sun sets

I think I see a notice that you've updated your Follow Me, I'll make sure I get there tonight to check in.
Stokesy44 wrote:chalkyw wrote:Stokesy44 wrote:Ahh yes, subtle use of upper case typing when referencing the word 'vacation'. Its good to be reminded that one of us is indeed 'larging it' on holiday whilst giving the subtle finger to the rest of us.

Should we not collectively consider giving the stiff finger to the one 'larging it' on holiday???......this seems more appropriate somehow

.....I've just been off work for 4 days and not looking forward to tomorrow

Can't really blame him. If I'd had wifi round the pool in Greece 2 months ago, I would have been telling EVERYONE about it!
He'll soon be back at the coal face and who'll be laughing then?

For sure...the whip may pause but it never stops cracking for long, does it?
Dropis258 wrote:Guys your not filling me with confidence..... I live on coffee

,I don't touch alcohol..... ( I spent 12 years in the Army if you knew what passed through my kidneys you see why I don't drink anymore

) gave up smoking in January , money I've saved pays for model kits etc , if I give up coffee I'd be a gibbering wreck

I think if you're acclimated to it that's one thing, but I usually don't have any after 9am. Grats on quitting smoking, it isn't easy
Twokidsnosleep wrote:Everything in moderation...including moderation once in a while
iflytb20 wrote:I have a tip as well.
Never keep your coffee mug next to the mug you just cleaned your paint brushes in

Yeah...so I have few mugs about my bench, and one for discarded paint etc. Needless to say I keep what I'm drinking on my other desk (they're put together in an L shape) because that scares me...a lot...
Akula1959 wrote:I would prolly give a left arm, and nuuu.... No, I need that arm for modeling... I give a left SOMETHING for vacation time. Retirement sucks. Fortunately my meds handle the shakes now so I will get back on the metal Lanc finally, and drink loads of coffee.
DonP
Are you saying you need a VACATION from retirement? Is that like "every day is Halloween?"

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:01 am
by Akula1959
It's more stressful than any 'real' work I have ever had the pleasure to do. Now that the two youngest great niece and nephew are in school, that's easing a lot though.

*hums "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"*
DonP
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:07 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Serious overtones In this thread:
There is a hint in there for retirement early enough for you to enjoy it WITH your health.
The flip side is taking enough vacation during your work years and/or doing enough travel while you are young with no or fewer responsibilities.
The reality is you have to school long and find a job to afford taking vacations which you won't have any time to take b/c you have to keep working to afford all the crap of life.
The last one describes my current position....not complaining though, I made my bed.
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:11 am
by Lysus
...and all I said was to reconsider afternoon coffee before you do anything that needs steady hands.
And yet, here we are.
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:27 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Lysus wrote:...and all I said was to reconsider afternoon coffee before you do anything that needs steady hands.
And yet, here we are.
Ya weird.
I sit in an interesting position to see a wide slice of lifestyles.
I have especially noted those pt's retiring and what they did, had planned etc. If ya ain't got a plan for retirement, you will sit and rot, like my dad did. If you are a drinker and smoker...you are screwed.
It has been very interesting to take some mental notes along the way over 20 yrs and it has moulded my worklife.
I work four days a week, but then take few long vacations. I don't book myself to death, nor work stupid hours just to make a pile of cash. I treat people very fairly and in my self chosen areas of expertise so as to have very few complications from the work I do and minimal complications for people. My family, my hobbies and my dog keep me sane.
Low stress= happy Scott
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:26 am
by digger303
Ya weird.
I sit in an interesting position to see a wide slice of lifestyles.
I have especially noted those pt's retiring and what they did, had planned etc. If ya ain't got a plan for retirement, you will sit and rot, like my dad did. If you are a drinker and smoker...you are screwed.
It has been very interesting to take some mental notes along the way over 20 yrs and it has moulded my worklife.
I work four days a week, but then take few long vacations. I don't book myself to death, nor work stupid hours just to make a pile of cash. I treat people very fairly and in my self chosen areas of expertise so as to have very few complications from the work I do and minimal complications for people. My family, my hobbies and my dog keep me sane.
Low stress= happy Scott[/quote]
Sounds like you have it sussed.
Unfortunately I don't yet have the revenue stream needed you that style of retirement, but I have a plan.
My children don't want to be farmers, so I will spend as little on machinery as I can in the next 7yrs. Fatten up my super fund then semi retire lease out part of the property then eventually move to a full sale and move to a nicer summer climate. I should then be able to go on decent holiday yearly with a couple of short trips as well. Join a couple of interest groups and continue my interests and projects. No good retiring with no money otherwise you do tend to sit and veg.

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:06 am
by Twokidsnosleep
That sounds like you are on the right track.
At the least you HAVE a plan and don't expect a government pension or welfare to look after you. Lots of people have no plan,no savings and no idea.
If I can go 10 more years and pay down my debts and get the kids off into their lives...unless my son follows in dad's footsteps then it changes things. Oh and drink coffee every day, that too
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:58 am
by Stokesy44
Twokidsnosleep wrote:That sounds like you are on the right track.
At the least you HAVE a plan and don't expect a government pension or welfare to look after you. Lots of people have no plan,no savings and no idea.
If I can go 10 more years and pay down my debts and get the kids off into their lives...unless my son follows in dad's footsteps then it changes things. Oh and drink coffee every day, that too
Dammit, I want you as my Dentist! Don't know if you're any good or not, I just want that positive vibe man! What a great outlook you've got.

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:46 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Stokesy44 wrote:Twokidsnosleep wrote:That sounds like you are on the right track.
At the least you HAVE a plan and don't expect a government pension or welfare to look after you. Lots of people have no plan,no savings and no idea.
If I can go 10 more years and pay down my debts and get the kids off into their lives...unless my son follows in dad's footsteps then it changes things. Oh and drink coffee every day, that too
Dammit, I want you as my Dentist! Don't know if you're any good or not, I just want that positive vibe man! What a great outlook you've got.

My accountant says she wants to use us as a model on how to operate. It would not fly as everyone is too business and money focused these days
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:52 pm
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote:Stokesy44 wrote:Twokidsnosleep wrote:That sounds like you are on the right track.
At the least you HAVE a plan and don't expect a government pension or welfare to look after you. Lots of people have no plan,no savings and no idea.
If I can go 10 more years and pay down my debts and get the kids off into their lives...unless my son follows in dad's footsteps then it changes things. Oh and drink coffee every day, that too
Dammit, I want you as my Dentist! Don't know if you're any good or not, I just want that positive vibe man! What a great outlook you've got.

My accountant says she wants to use us as a model on how to operate. It would not fly as everyone is too business and money focused these days
You should have my doctor...she tells me I'm so lucky at least I'm getting....la....d

she's pretty good looking and easy to talk to...

Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:26 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Your doctor does what??? Wow THAT is full service
Re: Another Lysus' Lesson of the Day
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:10 pm
by digger303
Twokidsnosleep wrote:Your doctor does what??? Wow THAT is full service
Well no wonder you have 2 kids and no sleep....
No she was saying she was not getting any....

All I can say is she's unlucky in that I believe in loyalty...

I need shooting..
