Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril build FINISHED

Cars, trucks and bikes
Post Reply
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril build FINISHED

Post by Davethepitch »

I have made a start on my Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril and to a degree i am going to use my own colours (even though i am colour blind) but i cannot decide whether to do it with white bodywork and a black frame or white and silver bodywork with a black frame. :scratch::

Dave
Engine 1.jpg
Engine 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Davethepitch on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril

Post by Davethepitch »

Progress is a bit slow.

Dave
yamaha 1.jpg
yamaha 2.jpg
yamaha 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
exmoor
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:08 pm
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril

Post by exmoor »

It's looking gòod dave
paul shapland
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril

Post by Davethepitch »

Hi Paul

I am going pop up the road to Emodels to get some paint for the panels and I am dreading trying to do two tone colours in fact I may end up doing my own paint style (in other words I messed up) but I will try.
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril

Post by Davethepitch »

Well I don't mind admitting it I am struggling to do the two tone paint job as the paint is bleeding under the Tamiya tape.

I don't know what to do whether finish it off all silver. :x
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril

Post by Davethepitch »

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. two tone failure again
User avatar
minster
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:31 am
Location: South Waikato - New Zealand
New Zealand

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril

Post by minster »

Davethepitch wrote:GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. two tone failure again
I feel your frustration Dave :ooops:
I think off memory that there are decals that cover the white/silver join lines on that bike :think:

Built this one a long while back and think I had the same trouble as you but build is looking good so far mate :)
Minster aka James

"On the bench" Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki RGV-R XR89)
Stash (ATM)
Tamiya 1/12 Kawasaki H2R
Tamiya Team Lotus Type 49B 1/12th scale (on hold)
Tamiya 1/12th scale Motorbikes x4
Tamiya Mini Rally Car
Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire Mk XV1
Tamiya 1/48 Ilyushin IL-2 Shturmovik
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril

Post by Davethepitch »

I will have another try today and see what happens.
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril

Post by Davethepitch »

After numerous attempts i still cannot get the paint job the same as the instructions or the box and this is how it turned out.

Maybe one day i will be good enough. :)

Dave
Paint 1.jpg
Paint 2.jpg
Paint 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davethepitch
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Staffordshire
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril build FINISHED

Post by Davethepitch »

Well finished in a fashion to the best i can do although not exactly right.

Dave
Estoril 9.jpg
Estoril 10.jpg
Estoril 11.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
exmoor
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:08 pm
England

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril build FINISHED

Post by exmoor »

Good job dave that looks nice
paul shapland
User avatar
kiwigav
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:38 am
Location: Nelson - New Zealand
New Zealand

Re: Yamaha YZR-M1 Estoril build FINISHED

Post by kiwigav »

Nice bike build :th: very keen on a bike build in the near future.
Cheers Gav

On The Bench OK where do I start :wtf:
Post Reply

Return to “Road Vehicles”