Page 1 of 1
Abteilung Vehicle & Effects Oil Paint Set
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:10 am
by Augustus
Are there any instructions or extra hints of use or such included?
Has anyone bought this set? There's 3 or 4 that I want but seeing as I can buy the set of 6 for under the price of 5 singles I'm wondering if I should get the set.
Before anyone says "you can can buy artist paints cheaper" I know, but, these are made for modelling, less oil/quicker drying etc and the volume will last for ages, so the price over time equation is redundant to me.
Re: Abteilung Vehicle & Effects Oil Paint Set
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:17 pm
by digger303
Go for it, I only have a couple of singles. But it sounds like a win to me.
If it isn't to rude what is a set of 6 worth.
cheers
Re: Abteilung Vehicle & Effects Oil Paint Set
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:21 am
by GangsterNo1
My sets from them dont have any extra instructions, just the paints. Look up dot filters on the forum / youtube and you'll get an idea of how to use them.
Re: Abteilung Vehicle & Effects Oil Paint Set
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:16 am
by Augustus
GangsterNo1 wrote:My sets from them dont have any extra instructions, just the paints. Look up dot filters on the forum / youtube and you'll get an idea of how to use them.
I've already done that and I've practised with a cheapo oil set, thought I'd see how I go before I invested in the good stuff. I was really pleased with the results, and have decided to go for the Abteilung Vehicle Weathering and Effects Set. What do you use for thinner? I've just been using an artists white spirit which is cheap and seems OK on my practise bits but I'm wondering if I should use something less aggressive when I use it for real.
Re: Abteilung Vehicle & Effects Oil Paint Set
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:13 pm
by GangsterNo1
That's what I've used too, just cheap artists low odour thinners. Seems OK for clean up, but not that good for creating washes from the oils.