Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Plopper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Location: North Wales

Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Plopper »

Got a 1:72nd Spitfire to do in the post today.

This one in fact!



And I was wanting to do something different from the normal camo with it. So does anybody have a good diagram for one, or a link to one?

I was thinking of doing something High Altitude or observer!

Anything interesting would be greatly appreciated!
Your Ever Game Gamer.

Dave.
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Stokesy44 »

Plopper wrote:Got a 1:72nd Spitfire to do in the post today.

This one in fact!



And I was wanting to do something different from the normal camo with it. So does anybody have a good diagram for one, or a link to one?

I was thinking of doing something High Altitude or observer!

Anything interesting would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Plopper, I think you are going to struggle due to the Mk VI's limited production run. Only 90 odd were made and of these, nearly all were based in the UK for high altitude interception work. They would have been standard grey / green I'm afraid. A few were sent to the Middle East so you have a light brown / dark brown option but the only reference I could find shows it as having the usual tropical filter under the nose.

http://risingdecals.com/72-037/RD_72-037.htm

Sorry not be much help, it was not a broadly used version so therein lies the problem.
:cheers2:
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
User avatar
Cymru
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Cymru »

You could use a bit of artistic licence and use a NMF?
Hanger:
STASH
WIP:
Current Projects

Orange Air Virtual Airline
Orange Air - Flying the virtual skies since 1996
User avatar
Plopper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Plopper »

NMF. No I was about to say that I don't mind it not being 100% historically accurate, just a simple single colour in stead of the usual camo as I've done 4 of them in the last year!

I'd even do a good scheme from another version number as long as it suited!
Your Ever Game Gamer.

Dave.
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by shortCummins »

you said you didn't care for accuracy? so here are a few interesting schemes I've found...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

rgds
John(shortCummins)
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by shortCummins »

found a couple more...

Image

Image

Image
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
Plopper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Plopper »

Those are fantastic, thanx, I can see myself buying another couple of Spitfires to do several of these!
Your Ever Game Gamer.

Dave.
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Avgas »

Oooh I like the blue one.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
Plopper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Plopper »

Just a quick question seeing the Eduard callout sheet. Who's colour numbers do they use? Anybody know.
Your Ever Game Gamer.

Dave.
Su35
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:39 pm
Location: Cape Town

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Su35 »

I love the 'seafire' naval paint scheme. I'll try find a pic a little later.

Regards
G
User avatar
shortCummins
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1646
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm
Location: Cotgrave, Nottingham
Great Britain

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by shortCummins »

Plopper wrote:Just a quick question seeing the Eduard callout sheet. Who's colour numbers do they use? Anybody know.
typically they use Mr Color
"I'm tall for my height" - "it looks like it was painted by a blind chimpanzee"
User avatar
Plopper
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Supermarine Spitfire Mk VI Camouflage

Post by Plopper »

Ah! Thanx for that!
Your Ever Game Gamer.

Dave.
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”