Page 1 of 1

1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:58 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all well as some light relief I'm going to build this, obviously me being me it will look nothing like the box art and will be built  as relief from my other builds as and when I feel the need for a break, so build progress will be sporadic, trust me though I don't think it will be recognised as what it is when finished.

Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:29 pm
by Davethepitch
I have built one they are really good.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:42 pm
by kpisnuts
Yep built it a while ago (again not like box art) all these 1/6 kits are amazing, my favourite was the midnight special, my mate had one and let me ride it, I felt like king of the road, personally I think the ,osteoporosis beautiful bike ever made.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:59 pm
by Davethepitch
I have a midnight special as well great build.

Dave

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:14 pm
by kpisnuts
Oh you lucky so and so, do you want to sell it.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:17 pm
by Davethepitch
It has been made already.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:29 pm
by kpisnuts
Oh poo

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:39 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all first steps, can you see where I'm going with this.

Image

Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:19 pm
by Davethepitch
Are you going to build it like the box or have you got a mad Max theme in mind.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:27 pm
by kpisnuts
Well, it's silver on the box and has no spikes, I intend far more drastic alterations than those though.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:42 am
by Davethepitch
I shall watch this thread with interest now

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:00 pm
by kpisnuts

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:12 pm
by Davethepitch
What's happened to the pictures above now.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:38 pm
by kpisnuts
Sorry click on the link and it will display, my normal hosting site is down, I don't know how long for.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:19 pm
by exmoor
Looking good so far kpis

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:49 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all well I've weathered the engine and swing arm, I'm quite pleased with it as I've not done desert weathering before, needs a bit more depth but I think it's a good starting place.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:17 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all started the frame.
I really do love these kits.
Image
Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:46 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all here is the next update.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:38 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all here is the next installment. 

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:45 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all here is the next update, I must say I'm quite enjoying this.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:53 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all here is the next update.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:34 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all here is the next bit, done the front forks, can't decide whether to use the headlight fairing or not, if I do i will add more spikes to it, what do you think fairing or not

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:03 pm
by exmoor
I love the look of this bike i think with out fairing it migth give it more of a street fighter look

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:17 pm
by Davethepitch
I agree with Paul and the build looks great.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:42 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all here's another update on this.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:34 pm
by kpisnuts
Anyhoo here is the next bit.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:07 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
You are THE master of beat up and worn out weathering
Can absolutely see one of those mohawked maniacs on this chasing after Max

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:16 pm
by Plopper
Looking super nice, or should that be super NASTY!

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:34 am
by kpisnuts
Thanks Scott and Dave glad you like it, not much left to do on this one now.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:08 am
by SergioSolo
My goodness!!! That looks amazing, very realistic :clap:

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:43 am
by exmoor
Thats looking good like the tear on the seat good work

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:13 pm
by Davethepitch
Spikes and barbed wire.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:13 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all well I've got the forks round the right way and added the foot pegs and a few other ancillary devices on the last leg now.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:39 pm
by Avgas
Wow that's looking good. Top skills there.

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:03 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi all well it's finished.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:30 pm
by Plopper
In the words of the film, that's proper Chrome that is!

Brilliant work and some wonderful kitbashing!

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:08 pm
by kpisnuts
Well I'm well peed off someone called brightlogic has posted this build on YouTube, no mention of me so I assume they're passing it off as theirs, they didn't ask if I was OK with it or not just posted the whole build, there's no area to post comments or I would say something like "oh thanks for posting my build, yes I was very proud of it myself" or something like that, what really pees me off is just not asking.
Here's a link to it

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
Oh that is brutal for someone to do that
Might need to watermark you photos with your name so can't happen again
You can post comments as two guys have and called him out for it already

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 pm
by kpisnuts
Hi mate I'm rubbish at this social media stuff I only found it by mistake (looking for a another cheap one of these kits as I have another idea) on my tab s2 I can't see any comments or any way to add one, I'm glad some people have said that though (even though I can't see what they've said)

Re: 1/6 tamiya gsx 1100, mad to the max

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 pm
by exmoor
Look forward to seeing this build progress