Page 1 of 1

Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV / 70 (V) Lang

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:28 pm
by Stokesy44
Fashionably late to the party I know but here we go. Tamiya's lovely Jagdpanzer IV with Kaizen workable tracks.

Its another beauty from Tamiya, nicely priced too. :th:

The usual box and bits and bobs pics to start with. Nice box art, similar style to the M10 TD I've just finished in the I Heart Tamiya SIG.

Image

The Kaizen tracks are very nice. No mucking about, just cut the links off the gate and use wire to join together. Tension keeps the pins in place so there is no need for any gluing. I used a set of Kaizens on a recent Tiger and was well impressed, they had a few more steps to them than the Panzer IV tracks so these should be a doddle.

Image

Usual type instructions plus a nice colour supplement and info sheet

Image

Separate bags for the sprues :th:

Image

The plastic looks very nice, beautiful detail and texture.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Single piece gun barrel - :clap:

Image

Hoping to kick this thing off tomorrow.
:cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV / 70 (V) Lang

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:51 pm
by Tomcat64
Stokesy44 wrote:The Kaizen tracks are very nice. No mucking about, just cut the links off the gate and use wire to join together. Tension keeps the pins in place so there is no need for any gluing. I used a set of Kaizens on a recent Tiger and was well impressed, they had a few more steps to them than the Panzer IV tracks so these should be a doddle.

Image
Where do you get hold of the Kaizen track sets from in the UK Stokesy?

They seem to be exactly what I've been looking for!

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV / 70 (V) Lang

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:38 pm
by Stokesy44
Tomcat64 wrote:
Where do you get hold of the Kaizen track sets from in the UK Stokesy?

They seem to be exactly what I've been looking for!
Hi there

Bought them on ebay. There were quite a few sellers and prices were good. The tracks are now on the vehicle if you want to have a look. The full post for the kit is in the Builds section of the Panzer IV SIG. The post you replied to was my first effort - which I put it in the wrong place!
:cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV / 70 (V) Lang

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 am
by Tomcat64
Stokesy44 wrote: Hi there

Bought them on ebay. There were quite a few sellers and prices were good. The tracks are now on the vehicle if you want to have a look. The full post for the kit is in the Builds section of the Panzer IV SIG. The post you replied to was my first effort - which I put it in the wrong place!
:cheers2:
Ooops! I thought I was replying to the main thread - I'd obviously wandered off and came back to the wrong one :doh: what a numpty!

I'll take a look at the photos in the proper thread when photobucket decides to play nicely again - none of the pics are showing up at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I'll take a look over on ebay!

Cheers!