Page 1 of 1

Vallejo and AK

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:23 am
by Augustus
Just wondering if anyone's mixed Model Colour with AK-Interactive paints, as in in the same pot?

Both acrylic, both water based (as far as I know). Was thinking of mixing them for skin colours as I have some of each. I'll have a little experiment when I get time was just seeing if anyone else had tried it.

Re: Vallejo and AK

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:16 am
by digger303
cut and pasted this reply, not the exact answer you wanted. However it maybe useful



http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... _id=228985
Hello Hisham

Well, since 1995 I was testing paints for Vallejo, then I create many ranges of paints, developing different types of colors MIG Productions, AK and AMMO.
Also I used many Life color paints and of course all kind of lacquer paints as Tamiya, Mr Hobby and many other. The conclusion is that you always can mix same type of paint, specially if you work with brush. Vallejo and life color are mixable...or AMMO and Vallejo...of course.... but the problem will come when you try to use in Airbrush. Vallejo Have give many problems during years due his formulation....and they developed different thinners to fix the problems. Life color always worked well...but the thinner they provide I don't like!!! Each paint have a different property, but can be mixed among them without any problem. But if you want the maximum performance, then is better to use only a Brand and following their recommendations. A different history can be mix Acrylic Tamiya paints (Which is not real acrylic by a kind of lacquer) with any real acrylic paint like AMMO or Life Color.

From my side, since we started 1 year ago with AMMO, we have improved a lot our paints and right now they Works very smooth. They paints we produced are used by my self in my models, so...if some day you have nay doubt, I can help you if you need me.

Thank you very much


MIG

Re: Vallejo and AK

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:43 am
by Augustus
Well if it's ok with him it's ok with me!

I've just had a trial of mixing Vallejo MC and AK with a wee drop of Ultimate and they seem OK for the small parts anyway, they haven't improved my face painting though.

Re: Vallejo and AK

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:41 am
by Stokesy44
I've used Tamiya with Vallejo and it worked just fine for me.

Re: Vallejo and AK

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:49 am
by SergioSolo
Stokesy44 wrote:I've used Tamiya with Vallejo and it worked just fine for me.
Good to know! I always thought it wasn't possible

Re: Vallejo and AK

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:26 pm
by chops1sc
I definitely believe this is an "at your own risk" subject, lol! I always test my mixed paints on a piece of sprue to see how it dries.

Re: Vallejo and AK

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:43 pm
by schweinhund227
chops1sc wrote:I definitely believe this is an "at your own risk" subject, lol! I always test my mixed paints on a piece of sprue to see how it dries.
my thoughts exactly....

Re: Vallejo and AK

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:51 pm
by wookiee76
Yup, take your own risks and always try on something unimportant, tamiya and alclad mix together too, for me at least.