Page 1 of 1
Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:50 pm
by PhildaFish
Yes, you guessed it, on one of the legs of the return flight from Australia, I did something silly that I suspect I won't be able to follow up on: I promised my kids I'd buy, build and hang up in their rooms models of the planes we flew on. BUT! All the aircraft hanging in my kid's rooms are 1:72 scale and I'd like to stick to that scale if possible so my challenge to you guys is does anyone make an Airbus A330-300 or Boeing 777-300 in 1:72 scale? I haven't looked for decals for Cathay Pacific yet but I'll need to sort them out too.
Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:52 pm
by T3hGuppy
Jees that kit would be pretty damn big!!!!
Not sure if they make them nothing has come up on my travels
Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:54 pm
by Lee
You'll have more luck in 1/144 Phil....

Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:03 pm
by PhildaFish
Methinks I've been a little over optimistic, there... Or possibly just plain dim! If I've done my sums right a 1:72 scale Boeing 777-300 will be 1026mm or 3' 4" long. Even at 1/144 it'll be bigger than my Vulcan which dwarfs all the other models in my daughter's room!
Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:12 pm
by T3hGuppy
So your saying it would be on the large size then
But as Lee said 1/144 might be a better bet.
Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:25 pm
by PhildaFish
Let me put it this way Guppy, my son's room is only 197cm wide so two 777-300 wouldn't fit nose to tail across the room!
Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:28 pm
by Coen
Over a metre long... AH!
If it ever came down you'd be in the market for some new wee ones Phil.
Huge Dude!
Like the boys said... 1/144 is the way.
Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:18 pm
by Beserker
Phildafish
For what it's worth, Hasegawa make a 1/200 Boeing 777-300; but not an A330-300 ... apparently because no Japanese airlines use them.
Jan
PS Cathey Pacific 1/144 decals A330-300 ....
http://www.findmodelkit.com/content/cat ... c-a340a330
Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 pm
by PhildaFish
Cheers Jan! You're a star!
Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:30 pm
by Beserker
PhildaFish wrote:Cheers Jan! You're a star!
Happy it was of help ... hope you and the kids enjoy the builds

Re: Looking for an aircraft model without armamnets!
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 pm
by Radzy
Hi Phil,
as you already noticed that would be a quite a huge thingy to hover over the heads...
But if Boeing 773 is not suitable in 1/72 scale maybe you can try Boeing 377, like this one -
http://www.scalemates.com/products/prod ... ?id=107313
Regards,
Radek