Skif-Kits

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
User avatar
Dunhill2005
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Wunstorf, Germany
Germany

Skif-Kits

Post by Dunhill2005 »

Quick question ...

I have seen on the internet a kit of Skif.
The set costs only 18€. I have no experience with this manufacturer. Can you recommend these models or not? :scratch::
It is a T-64A 1/35 ...
User avatar
Tonygol
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:10 pm
Location: Stoke on Trent

Re: Skif-Kits

Post by Tonygol »

Tony

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tonyhobbypage/

Too much on the bench....
User avatar
HamilkarBarkas
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: "Augschburg" Augsburg/Germany

Re: Skif-Kits

Post by HamilkarBarkas »

Made a Skif kit once, wasn´t that bad, however you can not expect anything like a Tamiya or Dragon kit. They remind me a lot of the old Zvezda or Italeri kits, buildable but they have their shortcomings. If you are experiened and are not afraid of filling some gaps its fine.
User avatar
schweinhund227
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Posts: 2627
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: Ontario,Canada
Contact:
Canada

Re: Skif-Kits

Post by schweinhund227 »

and they do like a NICE bath in soapy water.... to get rid of the Goat Fat they use for Mould Release !
LOL

sometimes they are the only game in town !! as said before... they do have fit and accuracy issues at times !
but are of an older Era ! and older tooling's !

buyer beware... :cheers2:
Slapfight
Private
Private
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 pm
Location: Santa Fe, TX
United States of America

Re: Skif-Kits

Post by Slapfight »

As others have said, beware.
I have built this kit, bought it at a show for $10, and I''d say it was worth that much at least. I built it mostly for practice.
Fit is ok, not terrible. Accuracy is, again, ok, but not terrible. Greasy parts for sure. The biggest let down of this kit is the tracks. They are not only inaccurate, but they repel every glue I threw at them. I finally settled on a combination of super glue and sewing thread.
I would spend the extra money and just get the Trumpy T-64. 30 more Euro well spent. :cheers2:
User avatar
Dunhill2005
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:38 pm
Location: Wunstorf, Germany
Germany

Re: Skif-Kits

Post by Dunhill2005 »

Cheers Buddys. I think I will spent a bit more money and buy me a Trumpy...
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”