Page 1 of 1
Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:56 pm
by hkopper
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:17 pm
by Dfinni
I have this kit in my stash also
You doing a custom colour scheme or sticking with original?
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:29 pm
by hkopper
I have not made up my mind ...but leaning more on the side of the original color scheme (unless I come across one that catches my eye).
Hermann.
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:04 am
by Skullfish
Very nice looking kit, very James Bond in a tux
Jase.
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:16 pm
by Stront75
It is a nice kit. i shall be following this closely.
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:09 pm
by AdamLuscombe
Awesome looking kit, good luck with the build

Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:47 pm
by privatepete
Hi Hermann looks like very nice kit, good luck with your build.
Pete

Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:46 am
by LM951
Great looking MS! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:20 am
by Lysus
I know folks love Sinanju, and there's good reason to, but I prefer the Stein if I'm honest. There's only one Red Comet after all

Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:18 pm
by hkopper
Well, I finally made a bit of progress over the weekend and have most of the upper half of the build done (except for hands and head). I decided to follow the main painting scheme and will use the following colors:
Vallejo Metal Color (77712) Steel for the inner frame.
Vallejo Model Air (71088) French Blue for the blue parts.
Mr. Paint (135) Insignia White for the white parts.
Mr. Paint Interior Grey for the grey parts.
Here are some of the parts on the alligator grips, primed and painted:
And the assembled parts (chest, shoulders and waist):

The arm has a hidden compartment for the laser sword:
Now here is the tedious process of cleaning and sanding all of the parts prior to priming (these are all of the parts for the legs and feet):

Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 pm
by Skullfish
holy cow man, seeing this makes me scared to break mine down and do the same. it wont stop me, dont worry but will have to steel myself for the mighty task ahead.
Jase
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:41 am
by Lysus
Great start!
Nub removal is the worst. I've only just taken the runners out the bags today for mine...~30 of them. Gonna go blind with all the sanding.
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:30 pm
by hkopper
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:28 pm
by Lysus
So much a pain to get white looking right, but it looks like you've solved that problem here. Nice and even work.
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:53 pm
by privatepete
Hi Hermann great paint job so far keep up the good work

Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:46 pm
by Skullfish
awesome paint job so far mate! looking forward to the continuing story, stealing your methodology for my build ...when i get my finger out lol.
Jase
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:12 pm
by hkopper
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:38 pm
by privatepete
Hi Hermann, you can certainly use that A/B of yours, top job,Keep it up nearly there

Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 pm
by hkopper
Thanks Pete!
Not much to report, but I did manage to finish the fuel tanks and head :
I feel that I should be golden to start laying a coat of gloss and that will be followed by decals!
Cheers,
Hermann
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:34 am
by Skullfish
He's not short of places to tuck his cheese sarnie and can of fanta!
J
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:48 pm
by hkopper
Finished painting / assembling the shield and beam rifle ...now for a coat of gloss followed by the dreaded decals (I truly hate this part of every build).
Cheers,
Hermann.
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:46 pm
by hkopper
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:36 pm
by DC87
Looking terrific already.
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:42 pm
by privatepete
Hi Herman the decals certainly make it pop,well done

Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:27 am
by hkopper
Decals: check
Starship Filth: check
Matte coat: check
Here are some pix of my completed Sinanju....I still have to take some proper pix of the completed kit for the final reveal.
Thanks for watching,
Hermann E.
Re: Hkopper's MG Sinanju Stein Ver.KA
Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:27 pm
by hkopper