Page 1 of 1

Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:43 pm
by chief5437
Hi fellas :th:

So my (hopefully) first entry will be this.

Image

Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190.

What's in the box.

Image

I'll be using decals from an eduard kit to do this scheme. Russia, Feb '44

Image

No specific am for this, but I've got a few bits left from other 190 builds, so they might come into play.

Image

This might cause a few ripples with any rivet counters out there, so I'll just say 'what if' now, to save any tears before bedtime, lol :dance:

That's all for now, cheers guys :cheers2:

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:09 pm
by Always48
Very cool choice chief. The motling will look incredible faded/ blown over in winter camo.

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm
by chief5437
OK, second attempt to do this update, damn computers! :pistols:

got the cockpit done, I had some old PE from another kit so I used the IP parts.

Image

after that was in place, it was plane (lol) sailing to get to this point. just a little vallejo filler needed in a few spots.

Image

then it was out with the Ultimate black primer, love this stuff!

Image

once dried, i used vallejo model air to spray the cam scheme. just a rough job, as it'll all be covered by winter cam later :crazy:

Image

after a coat of alclad aqua gloss, it was decal time. main decals were from an eduard kit, stencils/placards from the hase kit. i used daco products strong setting solution here, worked quite nicely. then the decals were sealed with another coat of aqua gloss.

Image

the winter wash was applied in a 'rough' manner, tamiya xf2 is my preferred white paint. :thumb2:

Image

before the white had completely cured, i used Ultimate airbrush cleaner to dampen selected areas. then used a stiff brush to remove the paint, leaving a worn/chipped look.

Image

while all that was going on, i masked off the nose cone....

Image

then painted tamiya xf7 red. quite pleased with my first result!

Image

another coat of alclad, then a wash of Ultimate dark dirt to bring out the very fine panel lines.

Image

again after drying, i gave it a covering of humbrol matt acrylic varnish. i used the spray-can stuff as i find it much better than the version in a jar.
then a generous covering of sin yellow filter, and some general dirtying up with oils, just cheap stuff from the art shop. exhaust stains were added using Ultimate washes, carefully sprayed on with the airbrush.


Image

and thats all for now fellas. thanks for looking in! :cheers2: :th:

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:30 pm
by privatepete
Hi chief I'm not a aircraft guy but to me that looks good, love the worn and chipped look :th:

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:24 am
by Stokesy44
Hey Chief

"before the white had completely cured, i used Ultimate airbrush cleaner to dampen selected areas. then used a stiff brush to remove the paint, leaving a worn/chipped look."

The result is absolutely beautiful. I gaped in awe when I saw the result you have achieved. Seriously mate, it looks superb.

Loved the effect of the yellow filter too.

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:26 pm
by spock1701
This is looking great! I love the soft winter camo scheme

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm
by Bissyboat
Amazing winter camo and weathering! The feathered effects around the marking are very nice. :th:

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:45 pm
by chief5437
Hi fellas :th:

Last update on this.

Added the undercarriage, I read that in muddy locations the lower panels would be removed to help stop the wheels getting clagged up with mud. So I left those off, simple case of cutting the lower part off.

Image

Prop and spinner fitted. Again, dirtied up a bit, but not too much, to keep a bit of colour.

Image

Final piece was adding an antenna using fine ezline. Love that stuff!

Image

And that's it done. I'll post info and pics in the reveal section.

Thanks for looking guys :cheers2: :th:

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:53 pm
by Les
Congratulations on your finished project! :th:

Re: Chiefs Hasegawa 1/48 Fw-190

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:26 pm
by Bissyboat
Looks smashing. Great chipping effects. :th: