Page 1 of 1

Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:08 pm
by chops1sc
My entry for "Winter is Coming" is an Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48 from Acurate Miniatures.
Image
Image

I'm excited to start this kit and this is my first GB!

Re: Ski-plane! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:00 am
by Lysus
I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see ski planes in a winter GB, but awesome! A ski plane!

Have fun with the GB, I'll watch quietly :)

Re: Ski-plane! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:22 pm
by Czeskva
I'm looking forward to seeing this built up.
Good luck!

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:31 pm
by chops1sc
Thanks guys! Here are the sprues. I hope I can get started sometime this week. I haven't built many airplanes so this one will definitely be interesting!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Ski-plane! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:48 pm
by chief5437
Very cool! A ski plane, or should that be planeski? Lol!

Good luck with the build:)

Re: Ski-plane! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:53 pm
by Lysus
chief5437 wrote:Very cool! A ski plane, or should that be planeski? Lol!
:lol:

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:46 pm
by chops1sc
chief5437 wrote:Very cool! A ski plane, or should that be planeski? Lol!

Good luck with the build:)
I officially adopted your suggestion, LOL!

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:30 am
by chops1sc
Got the cockpit built and painted. Still need to touch up some spots and weather it and I will certainly post pics when I get that done!
Image

The instrument panel is nothing like I've ever seen. The decal goes on the back of a clear piece and you paint the face. I still have to finish detailing the face but here's a shot of the front.
Image

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:46 pm
by chops1sc
More progress!
Image
Image
Image

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:20 am
by NorthernModeller
Beautiful aircraft. looking forward to seeing this come together :)

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:07 am
by Fridgy
chops1sc wrote:
The instrument panel is nothing like I've ever seen. The decal goes on the back of a clear piece and you paint the face. I still have to finish detailing the face but here's a shot of the front
My tamiya 1/32 F4e phantom cockpit was the same. Looks really effective... providing the decal doesn't accidentally peel off and get lost :bash:

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 pm
by chops1sc
Got some more work done!
Image
Image

There will be a few gaps to fill and joints to sand! Stay tuned!

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:01 am
by chops1sc
Image
Image

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:56 pm
by Bissyboat
Looking good. :thumb2:

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:30 pm
by chops1sc
Thanks!

A little more work!
Image
Image

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:09 pm
by AdamLuscombe
Nice work so far! :pop: :bow::

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:45 pm
by Bissyboat
:thumb2:

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:22 pm
by snowman819
This is coming along very nicely.I look forward to seeing it completed. :thumb1:
Nice to how the other sturmoviks.

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:56 am
by panzerman825
Cool project. Awesome plane. ....love the skiis.
Bill

Re: Planeski! Ilyushin IL-2 Stormovik 1/48

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:00 pm
by Les
Looking forward to the progress on this build! :cheers2: