Page 1 of 1

Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm
by NorthernSwede
Well after browsing and this forum and spoken in some topics I thought I should show what i´m building atm. Since i´m returning to the hobby this is the only kit I have so far.

I considered this kit as a training ground for me to try out all the stuff i´ve read about on this forum.

This kit is my first time airbrushing anything, first time building a tank, first time a dragon kit and will be first time weathering and stuff.

There is still decals to be done, detail painting and weathering aint done either so it´s far from complete but thought I post the results so far.

Image

Image

I´ve been having great fun so far so thnx everyone on this forum and the youtube channels , been a great help.

More progress pictures will come.

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 pm
by T3hGuppy
Very nice.

You've done a great job so far buddy. :th:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:25 pm
by Paul
Spot on, airbrushing looks great nice job :th:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:30 pm
by Coen
Whoa... now that looks really cool.
Nicely done!

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:02 pm
by Mowermech
Nice work, looking forward to seeing where you take it from here. I just started the same kit I think ( Dragon's Pz Kpfw IV G ).

Ives

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:28 pm
by HobbyModeller
Very nice really good finish on the paint :th:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:16 am
by NorthernSwede
Thnx guys for the comments.

Will get back to this soon, I got a Stug III that came in the way but I´ll return soon to this

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:37 pm
by hansolo
Nice paint job! Welcome back to the hobby!
I too am back to this great hobby after many years.

If you like any tips or tutorials on weathering, I can highly recommend the video's of Hamilkar Barkas.
http://www.youtube.com/user/888HamilkarBarkas888
An absolute ace on this matter!

cheers

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 pm
by Lee
I like that a lot dude :th:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 pm
by sanovabeach2
Love the camo patterns and the colors are spot on. :thumb2: Great JOB!! :th:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:46 pm
by wappynutter
Very nice indeed my friend... :clap: Fantastic camo and colour scheme.
What did you use to mask between the colours?
.... it looks too clean to be free-hand surely?...and is it the 1:35 scale kit? :scratch::
Well done Sir, I will be dropping by to watch you finish this fantastic build off.
:pop: got my popcorn ready for the next instalment. :thumb1:
:cheers2:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:32 am
by NorthernSwede
Thank you all for the comments.

I used Patafix or blue tac its called also from what I understand, but it´s the white kind.

And yes its the 1:35 scale model.

WoT GB build is almost done so will finish this after that.

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 am
by AchtungPanzer
I see and I think >> Your Model is in half work ? >>> Now time for washing, weathering etc ;) - just do it !

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:34 am
by NorthernSwede
So I got some time over during the weekend and got some work done on the Leopard i´m doing but also I completed this, atleast I think i´m done with it.

So only the second time weathering something at all but i´m not that dissapointed but of course there´s always room for improvement but here it is.

I made it very dusty cause I think it suited the camo.

Image

Image

Image

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:57 pm
by Coen
Oh wow Stefan... that's your first time weathering? That' is really well done buddy.
You've been paying attention!!! :th: :th: :th:
:clap: :clap:
Sheesh... I wish mine what that good when I first tried weathering.
Mine looked more like a seagull with diarrhea crapped on my tank.

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:24 pm
by NorthernSwede
Haha thanks Coen.

Your videos and other members videos have helped alot :bow:: , of course this forum also :bow::

On to the next build and more lessons. :crazy:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 pm
by Paul
Brilliant job Stefan, well done on the weathering :cheers2:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:03 pm
by Rob
Really nice work on the finish. - it really looks the part

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Ohhh YES ! :clap: :clap: :clap: He need no decals hehe :th: but with - will be ideal ...Its really 1:35 not 1:72? .

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:39 pm
by alextheblue
Looks really good Stefan, perfect job with the weathering! :th:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:38 pm
by JayCub
i think you hit the nail on the head when you said you where having fun, what a great start and i hope to browse your stug work log too.

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 pm
by localjedi
Good job, mate! I think the weathering adds a lot to the model. :th:

Re: Dragon Panzer IV

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:26 am
by billk
Cool work my friend,the weathering is great!