Page 1 of 1

Hobby Boss 1/35 T-28 (Riveted)

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:29 pm
by Opapapa
Hi all!
It's been a while that I've managed to finish something. This T-28 was sort of a guinea pig for heavier weathering and my first attempt to create a winter camo. The kit (83853) itself was very nice and went together beautifully.

A while ago I saw this picture (from a great official Finnish army ww2 photo site called SA-Kuva) that shows a captured T-28 with a new looking brushed on winter camo.

Image

I decided to try to make it more weathered late winter / spring look. The decals are from Star decals Finnish tanks in WW2 part 2. I used Tamiya paints and Mig's washable white camo. Detail painting was made with Revell's aqua colors. I found that the washable white camo was quite hard to use, for creating a brushed on and runned winter camo anyway. Well, more training... or a different product. :D

Thanks for looking! :cheers2:

Olli

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Hobby Boss 1/35 T-28 (Riveted)

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:12 pm
by SergioSolo
Wow! You did an amazing job on that! :th: (And this is a great example of how the colors change under different light conditions)

Re: Hobby Boss 1/35 T-28 (Riveted)

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:55 am
by rwsmith14
Nice just bought the same kit and planned to due the exact same winter camouflage on a Finnish TV with the Star decals

Re: Hobby Boss 1/35 T-28 (Riveted)

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:26 am
by Opapapa
Thanks Sergiotron! :cheers2: I tried to use natural light as much as possible but the colors do change a lot.
rwsmith14 wrote:Nice just bought the same kit and planned to due the exact same winter camouflage on a Finnish TV with the Star decals
Haha! Sorry rwsmith14! :) Enjoy the build, it was at least a decent kit. You can always make it more realistic than mine, more like the one in the photograph where the brush strokes of the camo are really visible. I did some research a while ago and noticed that with this kit you can make this particular "102" but also tanks "48","49", "101" and "104". If you need some reference pics, here's the site I was talking about earlier (if you don't know it already):

http://sa-kuva.fi/

Just type T-28 in the search bar.

Olli

Re: Hobby Boss 1/35 T-28 (Riveted)

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:38 am
by rwsmith14
Opapapa wrote:Thanks Sergiotron! :cheers2: I tried to use natural light as much as possible but the colors do change a lot.
rwsmith14 wrote:Nice just bought the same kit and planned to due the exact same winter camouflage on a Finnish TV with the Star decals
Haha! Sorry rwsmith14! :) Enjoy the build, it was at least a decent kit. You can always make it more realistic than mine, more like the one in the photograph where the brush strokes of the camo are really visible. I did some research a while ago and noticed that with this kit you can make this particular "102" but also tanks "48","49", "101" and "104". If you need some reference pics, here's the site I was talking about earlier (if you don't know it already):

http://sa-kuva.fi/

Just type T-28 in the search bar.

Olli
Thanks for the link ...it will come in handy as I plan on doing a number of Finish tanks in the future. Just finishing up the HobbyBoss 1/35 T-35. I figured that I wanted to do the T-28 as well, because I'm really enjoying the T-35

Re: Hobby Boss 1/35 T-28 (Riveted)

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:10 pm
by Bissyboat
That tank certainly is incredible. I like that wintery Finnish flair. :thumb2:

Re: Hobby Boss 1/35 T-28 (Riveted)

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 pm
by Opapapa
Thanks Bissyboat! :cheers2: