Page 1 of 1
An alternative way to stick PE to plastic
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 pm
by kruno59
Guys,
Spray the back of the PE fret with 3M remount glue - sticks fine and if you want to preposition it just lift it up.
What do you think
Re: An alternative way to stick PE to plastic
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:06 pm
by chief5437
Sounds like a good idea to me. Have you tried it yet?
Re: An alternative way to stick PE to plastic
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:09 pm
by kruno59
Yes - it works well - it also had the added bonus of when you cut out the piece from the fret it stick to the substrate it's placed on so doesn't fly off.
I haven't tried it on fabric PE but I think it would work even better than on metal
Re: An alternative way to stick PE to plastic
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:17 pm
by chief5437
Cool, I like this idea. I suppose it's good for placing flat pieces, not sure on the more structural pieces though?
Re: An alternative way to stick PE to plastic
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:59 pm
by kruno59
It might be useful to hold more structural piece in place whilst u use super glue - either way a less messy method of doing things