Page 1 of 1

Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:40 am
by Rhani33
Hi, my name is Simone I'm 35 from Brisbane, Australia.
I am new to modelling myself, as I have only ever watched my uncle build his models when I was a little girl.

But it wasn’t until April last year that my 7 year old son got a model for his birthday (1/48 Canberra Bomber) and asked me to help him build it… Now he has me hooked on the hobby!!

I have been looking at all the builds on here and watching tutorials on YouTube to help me. So I have finally signed up and now just need to stock up on paint and everything else I'll need.

My son and I are both interested in anything military... aircraft, ships and tanks. Not sure how many female modellers are out there, but looking forward to adding to the modelling community and learning all I can from this group.

Cheers,

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:54 am
by Cymru
:welcome: to ISM Simone :hi:
Please do check-out https://www.scalemates.com :thumb2:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:33 am
by Rhani33
Thank you Cymru

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:40 am
by Fridgy
:welcome:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:31 am
by sheppsea
Welcome

Although it seems to largely be a male dominated hobby, its not as though there are no women who do it at all :)

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:50 am
by Icemannique
:hi: :welcome: to ISM.

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:51 am
by Kevthemodeller
:welcome:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 am
by Novorus
Simone and son :welcome:

What a great way of getting in the hobby. Don't worry, their are plenty of females in the hobby and if you require a helping hand just shout. Everyone here will be more than willing to.

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:43 am
by privatepete
Hi :welcome: to ISM

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:12 pm
by digger303
Welcome ...... Finally I can say to the lady see... girls model too :th: :th: :banana: :cheers2:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:15 pm
by Rhani33
Thanks for the welcome everyone :th:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:35 pm
by Avgas
:welcome:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 am
by Augustus
Hi Simone and welcome to the forum.

I'm in Brissie too. Not sure if there are any other females on the forum but if you watch the Friday Live Show (Saturday morning here) there's a couple that get involved in the 'chat'. There's Lynn in the UK and Lorraine in NZ, I only know them to say hello to.

As already mentioned if you need any help just shout out and someone will have the answer for you!

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:09 am
by Rhani33
Thanks Augustus, good to know there's another Brissie person here. And I'll have to check out the Friday Live show!!

I will definitely shout out for help, this is a great forum to be apart of and I can't stop reading everything on here :th:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:39 am
by Kevthemodeller
:welcome:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:58 pm
by Corkmyster9436
:welcome: TO ISM from Evansville Indiana, USA :hi:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:22 pm
by Bissyboat
:welcome:

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 am
by Vleugelmoer
:hi: and :welcome: to the ISM Forum

Re: Hello from Queensland

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:59 am
by flundstrom2
Hi and welcome to ISM! :th: I'm sure you'll find a lot of helpful people around here - I have! I've learnt loads of stuff by just reading old posts and even more by asking!