[Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV (Gallery FIXED)

Post Reply
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

[Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV (Gallery FIXED)

Post by SergioSolo »

I present you my first finished model of 2017! (after 5 months unpainted in the shelf :oops: )

First I'd like to share with you the detailed process
1. Putting it together
[youtube]cbgw8vOkcg0[/youtube]

2. Painting it
[youtube]jYKouA3rkSg[/youtube]

3. Weathering it
[youtube]3yoNxmlmQ4U[/youtube]

And now some photos of the final result!
(More and better quality photos HERE: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Sergio-Solo ... 3744479620)
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

As QDC would say: 'I think I did a pretty good job' :dance:
I hope you like it!

- Sergio S.
Last edited by SergioSolo on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
AridTalons
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:29 am
Location: New York, USA

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by AridTalons »

Wow! Looks very professional. I'd put it up on eBay or enter it in a contest or something.
User avatar
spock1701
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:58 pm
Location: Upstate New York
United States of America

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by spock1701 »

Amazing work! That tank looks fantastic
There is always time for modeling.
User avatar
RonBurgundy
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:23 pm
Location: Croatia

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by RonBurgundy »

Looks awesome,I really like your work.
Your videos are always welcomed :)
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by SergioSolo »

AridTalons wrote:Wow! Looks very professional. I'd put it up on eBay or enter it in a contest or something.
Really? Thank you! I've never considered selling a finished model, but money is a little tight right now... :wall:
spock1701 wrote:Amazing work! That tank looks fantastic
Thank you! :)
RonBurgundy wrote:Looks awesome,I really like your work.
Your videos are always welcomed :)
I'm glad you like the result and the video! Thank you for your comments :th:
User avatar
Stokesy44
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 9093
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:13 am
Location: The Midlands, UK
Great Britain

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by Stokesy44 »

Beautiful work mate. The weathering on the hull, the tracks and the attention to detail all over is superb.

I dream of making kits this good.
Its been tried and tested, it works! So don't blame the system if you're no good. :doh:
privatepete
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3871
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 pm
England

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by privatepete »

Stunning build, paint, weathering and the attention to detail all top notch :clap:
Bissyboat
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:49 pm
Location: Norway

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by Bissyboat »

Nice! That´s a masterpiece! :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Where`s my dinghy?
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by SergioSolo »

Stokesy44 wrote:Beautiful work mate. The weathering on the hull, the tracks and the attention to detail all over is superb.
I dream of making kits this good.
Thank you for your kind words! Check the second and third videos. The techniques and materials I use are super simple and easy to emulate :cheers2:
privatepete wrote:Stunning build, paint, weathering and the attention to detail all top notch :clap:
Thanks, Pete! I can't help but see the mistakes, but I'm proud of the result and ready for the next challenge :dance:
Bissyboat wrote:Nice! That´s a masterpiece! :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Thank you! :cheers2:
privatepete
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3871
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 pm
England

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by privatepete »

Sergiotron wrote:
privatepete wrote:Stunning build, paint, weathering and the attention to detail all top notch :clap:
Thanks, Pete! I can't help but see the mistakes, but I'm proud of the result and ready for the next challenge :dance:

Thank you! :cheers2:
But aren't we our own worst critics ;)
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by SergioSolo »

privatepete wrote: But aren't we our own worst critics ;)
That's so true :cheers2:
User avatar
Kevthemodeller
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 5825
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 am
Location: Newton Abbot UK
England

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by Kevthemodeller »

Lovely build mate :th:
Kev

On the bench:
Martini Brabham BT44B
User avatar
elscorpio
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:15 am
Portugal

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by elscorpio »

Great looking model!
Critic, suggestions, help, questions are more than welcome !!
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by SergioSolo »

Kevthemodeller wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 am Lovely build mate :th:
elscorpio wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:00 am Great looking model!
Thank you, guys! I'm really happy with the result :cheers2:
MWindir
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:53 am
Location: UK

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by MWindir »

Looks great. Crisp and very well weathered.
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV (Gallery FIXED)

Post by SergioSolo »

UPDATE: Gallery fixed!
User avatar
Vindicare
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:06 am
Location: Portugal
Portugal

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV (Gallery FIXED)

Post by Vindicare »

:bow::
Image
TheNordus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Finland
Finland

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV (Gallery FIXED)

Post by TheNordus »

I love this build, it made me buy the same kit for myself. Only part I'm not so chuffed about is the figure. Not a fan of that camo.
-Tommi

There's always armour on my work bench.
Art
Private
Private
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:04 pm
Location: Haarlem

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV (Gallery FIXED)

Post by Art »

Looks great!
Dragon 1 / 35 Brummbär w. zimmerit
Mikellesk
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV (Gallery FIXED)

Post by Mikellesk »

Sergio I relly do love your works. Great!!
User avatar
SergioSolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm
Location: Colombia
Contact:

Re: [Tamiya 1/35] Sturmgeschütz IV - StuG IV - Gallery

Post by SergioSolo »

Vindicare wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 pm:bow::
:cheers2:
TheNordus wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:47 am I love this build, it made me buy the same kit for myself. Only part I'm not so chuffed about is the figure. Not a fan of that camo.
Thanks! Yeah, it was my first try at painting an uniform and did it in less than 1 hour. I think it'd had been better to just discard the figure
Art wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:34 pmLooks great!
Thanks!
Mikellesk wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:07 am Sergio I relly do love your works. Great!!
Thank you!
Post Reply

Return to “Land Gallery”