Standard Weathering Procedure - Full Video Tutorial
Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:04 am
Hello guys,
I've just uploaded this video here which follows my entire weathering process on this StuG, step-by-step. Usually I do mini tutorials on certain aspects but I've had a lot of requests to see the full process and how I do things as a whole. Well, here it is: it's an hour long but I keep each section short, and I did pretty much weather it twice - before and after the whitewash.
To be brief, I cover applying decals and using German cross masks, applying a filter and pinwash, oil rendering and discolouration effects, chipping the tank and all the tools, other detail painting, painting and chippping a whitewash, some more oil effects to improve the chipping of the whitewash, apply the mud effects to the hull, wheels, and tracks, and finally weathering spare track links as stowage on the tank. Heh "brief"...
[youtube]nIIExRWTC3g[/youtube]
I've just uploaded this video here which follows my entire weathering process on this StuG, step-by-step. Usually I do mini tutorials on certain aspects but I've had a lot of requests to see the full process and how I do things as a whole. Well, here it is: it's an hour long but I keep each section short, and I did pretty much weather it twice - before and after the whitewash.
To be brief, I cover applying decals and using German cross masks, applying a filter and pinwash, oil rendering and discolouration effects, chipping the tank and all the tools, other detail painting, painting and chippping a whitewash, some more oil effects to improve the chipping of the whitewash, apply the mud effects to the hull, wheels, and tracks, and finally weathering spare track links as stowage on the tank. Heh "brief"...
[youtube]nIIExRWTC3g[/youtube]