Page 1 of 1

Suggestions....

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:57 pm
by Lee
As the A300S-D group buy is due to complete, I was wondering if you guys had any modelling items that you would like to see in the ISM group buy section. If it's something I can talk with the manufacturer about I will and hopefully bring the might of ISM to bear to help get you guys good discounts on items... :th:

Let me know, if we have enough likes for certain things I'll look into it for you :)

Here's a list of possible items so far.....

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:26 pm
by ForbesHutton
Those LED overhead work lights like Paul uses might be a good candidate, if the manufacturer will do different voltages and international shipping....

BTW are you ever going to do some ISM cutting mats?

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:28 pm
by ForbesHutton
Or photo-etch benders? Maybe Ultimate branded?

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:28 pm
by ElCapitan
I like the lamp idea!

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:08 am
by Twokidsnosleep
I would be in for all of that...lamp, photo etch bender, Ultimate mat
Great suggestions there :thumb2:
:cheers2:

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:48 am
by Stokesy44
How about a bag of talent? :lol:

No matter what greeblies or widgets I buy I don't get any better :cry:

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:56 am
by Kevthemodeller
ForbesHutton wrote:Those LED overhead work lights like Paul uses might be a good candidate, if the manufacturer will do different voltages and international shipping....
I'd be interested in this one, I've got one but want another :th:

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:52 am
by digger303
How about a set of rosie the riveter in your chosen scale.

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:01 pm
by Tay99
How about a Bambi compressor,
might need to keep the suggestions to high value items to get a reasonable discount.

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:12 pm
by sheppsea
I think it needs to be items/tools where you think 'I would like it, but would it really that much difference?' - the lamps and PE Benders are good examples. Others may be higher end airbrushes (although the new Ultimate one obviously may cause some issues with that)

The other things is regularly (maybe a couple times a year) do one for more expensive models. Not necessarily the same model for everyone as I don't think that will generate enough interest, but maybe a group buy where people choose any model over the set price and we all get a discount on that

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm
by Paul
The lamps are still on offer at cpc £48 http://cpc.farnell.com/shesto/lc8015/ta ... nsku=false

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:57 pm
by Kevthemodeller
Paul wrote:The lamps are still on offer at cpc £48 http://cpc.farnell.com/shesto/lc8015/ta ... nsku=false
Excellent just ordered cheers Paul :th:

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:02 pm
by ForbesHutton
Paul wrote:The lamps are still on offer at cpc £48 http://cpc.farnell.com/shesto/lc8015/ta ... nsku=false
Fair enough.

The 120v version of this is sold by Alvin & Co.

They can be found on ebay and the best US price seems to be $82: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alvin-Co-FL655- ... Sw-YBXGJiM

That seller doesn't seem to ship to Canada, our best price seems to be: $115(usd) with shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/132070236438?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:55 pm
by SMAddict66
Paul wrote:The lamps are still on offer at cpc £48 http://cpc.farnell.com/shesto/lc8015/ta ... nsku=false
Thanks for the tip Paul. Just ordered two - can never have enough light :crazy:

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:02 pm
by Paul
ForbesHutton wrote:
Paul wrote:The lamps are still on offer at cpc £48 http://cpc.farnell.com/shesto/lc8015/ta ... nsku=false
Fair enough.

The 120v version of this is sold by Alvin & Co.

They can be found on ebay and the best US price seems to be $82: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alvin-Co-FL655- ... Sw-YBXGJiM

That seller doesn't seem to ship to Canada, our best price seems to be: $115(usd) with shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/132070236438?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Home depo sells them under the daylight company name :cheers2:

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:33 pm
by ForbesHutton
Paul wrote:
ForbesHutton wrote:
Paul wrote:The lamps are still on offer at cpc £48 http://cpc.farnell.com/shesto/lc8015/ta ... nsku=false
Fair enough.

The 120v version of this is sold by Alvin & Co.

They can be found on ebay and the best US price seems to be $82: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alvin-Co-FL655- ... Sw-YBXGJiM

That seller doesn't seem to ship to Canada, our best price seems to be: $115(usd) with shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/132070236438?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Home depo sells them under the daylight company name :cheers2:
Home depot USA sells them, but won't ship to Canada.
Home depot Canada doesn't have them and won't get them, even on request.

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 pm
by Paul
ForbesHutton wrote:
Paul wrote:
ForbesHutton wrote:
Fair enough.

The 120v version of this is sold by Alvin & Co.

They can be found on ebay and the best US price seems to be $82: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alvin-Co-FL655- ... Sw-YBXGJiM

That seller doesn't seem to ship to Canada, our best price seems to be: $115(usd) with shipping: http://www.ebay.com/itm/132070236438?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Home depo sells them under the daylight company name :cheers2:
Home depot USA sells them, but won't ship to Canada.
Home depot Canada doesn't have them and won't get them, even on request.
Damn it, what idiots :bash:

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:06 pm
by BobM
ForbesHutton wrote: The 120v version of this is sold by Alvin & Co.

They can be found on ebay and the best US price seems to be $82: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alvin-Co-FL655- ... Sw-YBXGJiM
I think that is the 2 bulb version, the one Paul pointed to has 3 14w Fluorescents. I think this is similar to Paul's for $84 US:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alvin-Tri-Fluor ... SwwPhWl7A3

But I don't have either, although I'm in the market for one. I've been searching for an equivalent LED lamp, but have not found any with that much light output (I'm estimating >3600lm?) and for a reasonable price. The 2 bulb version should be north of 2400lm which I would expect is pretty bright as well, roughly equivalent to a 150w incandescent.

Re: Suggestions....

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:43 am
by Muzrik
I like all of these ideas, but I really like the sound of the Bambi Compressor