Page 1 of 1

EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:19 am
by Chelsea
Hi so I decided to do a simpler model first and it's really working well I'm trying to get the best finish I can (the perfectionist in my OCD lol)

So here's some photos it's a simple kit I'm hoping to get a simple airbrush to do the paint work c:

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:56 am
by digger303
Nice subject, what brand paints are you using ?

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 am
by Chelsea
Hi the grey and black are from spray packs Tamiya and the green which seems to too stick is Lifecolour and it's brushed on over primer c:

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:24 pm
by Smiffy
Looking very nice so far.

Add a little distilled water to Lifecolor to thin it down and it will brush paint a lot easier.

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:48 am
by Chelsea
Smiffy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:24 pm Looking very nice so far.

Add a little distilled water to Lifecolor to thin it down and it will brush paint a lot easier.
Hi awesome, I shall remember that :)

Hopefully i can airbrush the final model c:

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:02 am
by Chelsea
Hi here's some more progress on my Europ-Fighter Typhoon

So far it's going well, but I'm still very new to this the only thing that stresses me is the kit doesn't line up the best. I'll include a photo of the part that it shows the alinment issue (or might just be like that I can't tell from photos of the real jet)

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:50 am
by Fridgy
Nothing wrong with clothes pegs
I do the same
And hair ties, masking tape
What ever works to hold them together

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:54 am
by Chelsea
Fridgy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:50 am Nothing wrong with clothes pegs
I do the same
And hair ties, masking tape
What ever works to hold them together
:hi:
Haha I have plenty of hair ties and bobby pins though I'm not sure what bobby pins would be good for apart from using in ones hair and trying to pick locks haha :lol:

I'm pretty much up to the undercarriage and then bombs missiles.

Big decisions are colours, I'm thinking of simple pre shading and then possible details on the undercarriage.

The question is inside the wheel wells do I leave them grey ? or white ? or something else?
I've see a few different variations

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:06 am
by Fridgy
Most wheel bays I've seen have been white

But this is where google images will come in handy

Image

This is the best I can find while I'm stuck at my partners friends daughters birthday party.... (this wasn't in my weekend plans)

Image

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:07 am
by Chelsea
Oh maybe I should do it a very very light grey, if the flying plane has a white undercarriage it's now a little dirty haha c:

I have white paint I can do it white tho decisions decisions.

First thing is to prime, currently only have white primer and I don't like white primers I think the final grey would be better with a grey primer pre shade then grey base coat then maybe a final coat of mat clear c:

So close yet so far I'm waiting for my airbrush kit to arrive

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:58 pm
by Chelsea
Hi everyone so here's some more progress in the Euro-Fighter world

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:51 am
by Chelsea
On the nose

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:57 am
by Chelsea
Hi so finally I have what is looking like a primed plane yay c:

Now to paint and detail...


Advice needed ???
Wanted advice tho the missiles on the side wings what colour should they be?? I'm not sure what kind of missiles they are either my apologies.

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 am
by Chelsea
Oh I fallen down the bunny burrow now!!

Painting the typhoon

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:03 am
by ElCapitan
It's coming along nicely!

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:10 am
by Chelsea
I'm not happy with this, it looks a complete mess now

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:54 am
by ElCapitan
Hi Chelsea,
You've not messed it up. How many coats of paint did you do? Looks like another coat would help.

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:18 am
by Chelsea
Hi
I think I might of fixed it, I did some more pre shading and now waiting to it drys and I need to sand a little then ready to paint again.

I hope it works :)

Re: EF Euro-Fighter typhoon 1/72 by Chelsea

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:28 pm
by ElCapitan
How are you getting on with the typhoon?