Page 1 of 1

Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:41 pm
by RossiM1
Hi all started another bike build getting a few builds started assembling p/e and resin bits while waiting to start being able to paint, my work room being decorated and some wiring work being done so I can have my spray booth permanently set up.
Using the 50th anniversary Yamaha America markings kit by Tamiya as the base model although the Valencia version would do as well, and using the Crazy Modeller Camel Yamaha resin and etch and decals set to convert to the Camel sponsored bike.
Started on the kit chassis by removing the rear brackets that hold the rear brake piston, and the heel guards, these are replaced with multi part p/e pieces, and on the swing arm removed the moulded chain/axle adjusters and again replaced with the p/e bits. Assembled the motor, and added some of the p/e brackets and the exhaust spring brackets, and built the multi part clutch, have also assembled the front wheel cover and removed the join, and similarly done the seat and tail unit. Have mocked up the body work and chassis to make sure there are no fit issues, and so far all looks ok.
Next job will be on getting some of the wiring and plumbing sorted out and to scratch build the throttle linkages on the handlebars and the brake and front fork adjuster which goes on the left hand side handle bar by the clutch lever. At a pause now until I can get some primer and paint on, so here is where it is at for now.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Thanks

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:53 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
WOW cool build!!
Look at the PE fret, those look awesome :pop:

of course now I have to go buy a pack of Camels and smoke them all at once due to the advertising :wtf:

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:01 pm
by RossiM1
Cheers Scott hold fire on the Camels I am doing the Marlboro Biaggi YZ500 and the Gauloise Tech3 YZ500 and I have a Chesterfield McLaren M23 somewhere ohh a tobacconists paradise
ATB

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:04 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
RossiM1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:01 pm Cheers Scott hold fire on the Camels I am doing the Marlboro Biaggi YZ500 and the Gauloise Tech3 YZ500 and I have a Chesterfield McLaren M23 somewhere ohh a tobacconists paradise
ATB
Ha ha, had a good chuckle about that.....I will smoke the Marboros Thursday and the Chesterfields Friday. Can you do a booze one for me for Saturday??
Drives me nuts I have to find aftermarket decals for Tamiya F1 cars b/c some moron worries about tobacco and alcohol adverts on the cars.
It is like editing Bugs Bunny for violence :scratch:: :think: :wtf:

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 pm
by RossiM1
No problem mate how about either a Martini Lancia S4 or the Brabham B44 or I have got a Budweiser Porsche 962 IMSA and a similar but with Jack Daniels take your pick mate.
Similar set up hear in Europe/UK they think we cannot make our own decisions in life and we are brain washed by evil advertising on machines whizzing past at 200mph. If you ever need any non pc decalks let me know I have amassed 1000;s over the years of building race bikes and cars will gladly post them over if you need any
ATB

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:34 pm
by exmoor
Anotheir great build gary just got the biaggi yzr 500 which is going to be my next build but got to finnish mp4/8 first am still looking at your barry sheene build every time i log on so inpressed with that build it inspires me to do better.

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:44 pm
by Twokidsnosleep
RossiM1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 pm No problem mate how about either a Martini Lancia S4 or the Brabham B44 or I have got a Budweiser Porsche 962 IMSA and a similar but with Jack Daniels take your pick mate.
Similar set up hear in Europe/UK they think we cannot make our own decisions in life and we are brain washed by evil advertising on machines whizzing past at 200mph. If you ever need any non pc decalks let me know I have amassed 1000;s over the years of building race bikes and cars will gladly post them over if you need any
ATB

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar :thumb2:
and hilarious as well :lol: I will take the Jack Daniels with a little bit of Coke and ice
Gonna keep you in mind for decals :cheers2:

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:06 pm
by RossiM1
Cheers Scott just shout if you need anything

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:34 pm
by Bissyboat
Looking good. :th:

Re: Yamaha M1 conversion to 2006 Camel Yamaha M1

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:30 am
by kiwigav
Nice work mate :th: :th: