Page 1 of 1

Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:40 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Hi folks!
From time to time i build an aircraft model aswell, but i somehow don´t like it to mask off the canopy and the amount of decals is not a cool thing either (at least in my opinion).
This is the rather new Revell Heinkel He 219 A-7 in 1:32 scale. Its a very big model, i haven´t found a place to display it properly yet.
The kit was quite easy to build, its also nicely detailed and the price of 40€ is really a good deal. I can highly recommend it!
I dedicated the model to a fellow Youtuber "BasicModelling", thats why i imitated his video style to make a tribute to him.

[youtube]OrkYL2qKI-Y[/youtube]

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:44 pm
by T3hGuppy
I watched this video the over day great stuff.

Hopefully you find somewhere to put it you've done a great job :th:

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:49 pm
by Coen
Stunning work as usual. I love the delicate camouflage. Nicely done.
That canopy is beautifully clear too.
This came together wonderfully.
:th: :th: :th:

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:54 pm
by Nige201980
Great work mate one if the many unusual German WWII aircraft.

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:23 pm
by Lee
Very nice indeed Michael :th:

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:28 pm
by UKscalemodeller
You should do more aircraftmy friend, you do a REALLY nice job.

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:04 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Thank you all guys :)
Aircraft models are nice indeed but not really my favourite genre. from time to time its really cool to build one. I just don´t like it to mask off the canopy and the decaling is annoying aswell. Anyway, i have a couple of aircraft kits in my stash so you will see some more in the future!

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:34 am
by EpoxySniffer
Do you ever make a bad model Michael? As usual ... excellent.

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:16 pm
by AchtungPanzer
Super and neatly execution , good Work :clap:

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:06 pm
by JayCub
great build as always Michael, and this is not one i have come across before, the cockpit looks modern, do you have any history on this one Michael.
Tom

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 pm
by RobertA
I know I have seen it before, but it's so good I don't mind seeing it again.. and the video is just divine!! :) As you see I have changed my name on the forum now, as well as the channel change on YouTube.. BasicModelling is not gone, and not forgotten (I hope) but there will be very little activity there anymore, it will all happen on the new channel now!

Glad you are having a few days off over Christmas, I will be at work at one time or other EVERY DAY, having started that season already from the 15th this month, and it will carry on until the 4th of January, before I actually get 2 nights off in a row and a whole day away from the place.. :P

Never mind, it won;t stop me from modelling, but it will slow me down on YouTube.. :P

Have a great Christmas, Michael.. :)

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:43 pm
by Rob
Great looking model, super finish :th:

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:01 pm
by Modelcrazy
Hi,
Have just joined the forum and are having a look around and - WOW, great looking build. I presume/assume the camo was done with an airbrush?

Regards Dave.

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:49 pm
by HamilkarBarkas
Thank you very much guys :cheers2:
do you have any history on this one Michael.
Sure i can provide some info, i took this section from Wikipedia:

The Heinkel He 219 Uhu ("Eagle-Owl") was a night fighter that served with the German Luftwaffe in the later stages of World War II. A relatively sophisticated design, the He 219 possessed a variety of innovations, including an advanced VHF-band intercept radar. It was also the first operational military aircraft in the world to be equipped with ejection seats, and the first operational German World War II-era aircraft with tricycle landing gear. Had the Uhu been available in quantity, it might have had a significant effect on the strategic night bombing offensive of the Royal Air Force; but only 294 of all models were built by the end of the war, and these saw only limited service.
I know I have seen it before, but it's so good I don't mind seeing it again.. and the video is just divine!! :) As you see I have changed my name on the forum now, as well as the channel change on YouTube.. BasicModelling is not gone, and not forgotten (I hope) but there will be very little activity there anymore, it will all happen on the new channel now!

Glad you are having a few days off over Christmas, I will be at work at one time or other EVERY DAY, having started that season already from the 15th this month, and it will carry on until the 4th of January, before I actually get 2 nights off in a row and a whole day away from the place.. :P

Never mind, it won;t stop me from modelling, but it will slow me down on YouTube.. :P

Have a great Christmas, Michael.. :)
Oh dear rob, thats a shame that you have to work all the time! I wish you all the best, don´t be desperate :) I´m looking forward to see your next model my friend, no matter where you post it! BasicModelling is where you are active, its always a good place.
I presume/assume the camo was done with an airbrush?
Indeed! With an airbrush it is rather easy to do.

Re: Heinkel He 219 A-7

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:00 pm
by RobertA
:banana:

I'm off to work now.. :pistols: :bash: :wall: :eeek:

Rob :banana: