1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post regular in progress build updates here.

Moderator: T3hGuppy

Post Reply
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

Greetings,
This is a first group build at ISM I will be part of. So far my attendance was mainly as a silent viewer and as TheRohalla on youtube 'live meetings'. Trumpy's Attacker will be my companion and box (plus etc) pics will be with you guys later tonight.

Marek
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

As promised. Shots of Attacker in négligé:

Image

Image

There will be masks (Montex), Xtradecal X48117 and Airwaves AEC48095 photo-etched. I already have masks, just order the other two from hannants. Since it is over da Pond, it will probably take a week for them to come here.

TheRohalla vel jnbattleship vel Marek
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

That is a cool looking aircraft
Good luck on your build :thumb2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
TommyKillander
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2776
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Sweden

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by TommyKillander »

Great choice!

Good luck with the build :th:

:cheers2:
Tommy
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

Thanks, so far I a waiting on supplies. Hannants sent them mid-week.
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

Supplies are here!

Image

and xtradecals arrived at the end of last week. Update with the beginning of the build soon, now I am flying away to the Shar FA2 thread to deal with the 'mishaped monstrosity' :)
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
martin57
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: oundle, east northants.

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by martin57 »

Very nice choice of kit , and the P E extras look good .
Good luck with it . :th:
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

Thanks, cant wait to start it this week.
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
RossiM1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:22 pm
Location: Birmingham Uk
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by RossiM1 »

Nice looking subject and some nice aftermarket bits look forward to seeing this one start :th:
Gary aka RossiM1
Image
User avatar
pourquoi61
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:57 pm
Location: Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Great Britain

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by pourquoi61 »

Nice one mate. :th: :th:
Image
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

Finally, I got around to work on the Attacker.
Bad news first: Airwaves's PE was made for Falcon vacuform and there are not that many pieces I could use that would bring any improvement. The kit already has PE straps etc. I will definitely use instrument panel, vent grills, antennae and most probably a throttle. Other pieces, not so much.

Image

One evening was enough to arrive at this junction:

Image

Image

Image

Image

I may use some parts of wheel wells form Airwaves but still not sure if the pe adds any detail here

Image

Wings are glued together already, the rest is just to check the fit. I like the lines of this beast.

Image

Image

I think of this kit as a mojo-producer, completely opposite to my SHAR FA2
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by Avgas »

Good start. Interesting plane the Attacker.
Regards, Dave.
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

Avgas wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 3:52 pm Good start. Interesting plane the Attacker.
One of the last fighters that were not sure should they be props or jets :). One wonders what will the last jet look like.
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

After finishing the SHAR-MOJO-ANNIHILATOR I have moved on to Attacker ... finally.
Cockpit parts before putting into the fuselage:

Image

Hopefully, this one will be a breeze after the MPM offering.
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
jnbattleship
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:19 am

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by jnbattleship »

I am a little crunched for time, leaving tomorrow and will have to take this build to a different thread since there is no way I am gonna finish it in time and there is no real reason to ask for a month of extension. I will update as to the new location of the build.
Google / Youtube - TheRohalla
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: 1/48 Trumpy's Attacker

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

jnbattleship wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:36 pm I am a little crunched for time, leaving tomorrow and will have to take this build to a different thread since there is no way I am gonna finish it in time and there is no real reason to ask for a month of extension. I will update as to the new location of the build.
We may be int the same boat my friend.
I dont think you need to change thread locations though....you can still post after a sig is done
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Post Reply

Return to “Build Threads”