Page 1 of 1

Jamie's Eduard 1/48 Harrier

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:28 pm
by jdart58
Hello everyone,

For the FAA Sig I've decided to build the Eduard 1/48 Harrier
Image
There is only one scheme that qualifies for the FAA so I'm pretty stuck with what I can do with it. However, I like this scheme, especially with the tail art
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
I've also got a few aftermarket goodies on the way (fully-resin seat and resin exhaust nozzles)

Thanks for looking
Jamie

Re: Jamie's Eduard 1/48 Harrier

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:40 pm
by jdart58
Well, I've been extremely lazy over the past week and a half not being bothered to post all of my photos up on the forum. So here are all of the photos of the harrier build so far.

The first stage was doing various sub-assemblies
Image
Image
Image

I then painted the cockpit in Ultimate grey primer as this was the closest match to the colour of the PE. The cockpit was then detail painted with citadel paints, chipped, had a Ultimate dark dirt wash all over and humbrol pigments in the places where the pilot's feet would have been
Image
Image
Image
Image

The air intake was painted with Ultimate white primer. I tend to do all of my white painting with this because I find it the easiest to spray
Image

The fan was painted with Vallejo acrylic aluminium and weathered with Ultimate dark dirt wash. The air intake was then glued to the cockpit section
Image

I then masked off the fan blades so I could paint the intake white again easily if any paint went down there
Image

Image
Image

I decided to test fit the aircraft on its gears in case there was a problem at a later date which would be much harder to resolve
Image

Image

The whole plane was primed in Ultimate black primer
Image
Image
Image

The aircraft was painted with Mr Hobby Aqueous H335 and then mottled with lighter and darker shades of this colour
Image
Image
Image
Image

I'm really enjoying this build so far and would recommend this kit to anyone
Thanks for looking
Jamie

Re: Jamie's Eduard 1/48 Harrier

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:45 pm
by jnbattleship
Jamie, your jumpjet starts to look properly fantastic, nice one.

Re: Jamie's Eduard 1/48 Harrier

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 pm
by RossiM1
Great looking kit there Jamie, and your build is really moving at a pace nice work on the paint will have to give this black primer basing and mottling ago still stuck in the pre shading days at the moment.
Good luck :th:

Re: Jamie's Eduard 1/48 Harrier

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:34 pm
by Avgas
Looking v good, I forgot I had this one in the stash so looking on with interest.

Re: Jamie's Eduard 1/48 Harrier

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:33 pm
by martin57
Nice work Jamie.
Looking great :thumb1:

Re: Jamie's Eduard 1/48 Harrier

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:25 pm
by TommyKillander
Wow!

That looks just fantastic! :thumb2:

Great build sofar - keep up the good work!

:cheers2:
Tommy