Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post your final reveal pictures here

Moderator: T3hGuppy

Post Reply
User avatar
aur0ra145
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Posts: 3161
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 am
Location: TX
Contact:
United States of America

Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post by aur0ra145 »

Howdy all!

I finally finished up my egg plane. Life got a bit scrambled recently and I didn't have much opportunity to whip the end of this into shape. It turned out to not be that hard of an egg to crack; however, the canopy was a bit of a pain. I went with the IJN Gray color rather than the Green design as shown on the box. I just finished a J2M3 that had the exact same paint scheme and I wanted something a bit different. In all, I really didn't fret too much about panel lines, weird spaces, or ejector pin marks; I just built this little guy happily and quickly.

The best thing hands down, is that my girlfriend now has taken an interest into modelling egg shaped/sized models and seems to enjoy it quite a bit. This means my modelling budget should get bigger!

Thanks for looking! Really fun GB!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=595&t=22079
User avatar
arilo76
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 822
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:44 am
Contact:
Italy

Re: Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post by arilo76 »

Nice work mate :th: :th: :clap: :clap:
Antonio
Stay Classy ISM
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post by Lysus »

Niiice. Looks like you got through that canopy ordeal intact, too! :clap:
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
privatepete
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Posts: 3871
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:13 pm
England

Re: Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post by privatepete »

Nice work, well done :th:
User avatar
Spook
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:32 pm
Location: Lancaster uk
England

Re: Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post by Spook »

Nicely done pal :th: :th: I don't envy you for the canopy masking :banana: :banana:
simon

On the bench

In the stash
Lots and lots of phantoms
User avatar
BobM
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:47 pm
Location: Los Angeles Area
United States of America

Re: Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post by BobM »

Eggcellent job! :clap:
- Bob M.

Portfolio: (on ISM)

On the bench:
Nothing at the moment.
:tw:
User avatar
Tomcat64
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
Posts: 7188
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Swindon, UK
England

Re: Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post by Tomcat64 »

Nice work - those greenhouse canopies are an absolute nightmare to mask up - really well done :clap:
Cheers, Neil

On the Bench:
Revell 1/72 Millennium Falcon - stalled due to stupidity
Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus Stenops
Tamiya 1/35 Sherman Firefly VC
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Aur0ra145's Zero Egg - Final Reveal

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Nice clean build
I would not want to touch that canopy masking job :wtf:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Post Reply

Return to “Final reveals”