Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito

Post Reply
pitbuilder
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:36 am
Location: Eumundi Australia

Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito

Post by pitbuilder »

At long last after 6 months or so on and off I finally finished this great kit.

Image

Almost as soon as i started I dropped the part L17 on the floor where the carpet monster grabbed it, it's a large clear part so you would think it would be easy to find but no, I went over every square inch of the floor to no avail so had to scratch build a part which I have never done before so was pleased with the result.

Image
Image

It's a great kit to build, the cockpit take a bit of time and the guns are fiddly and of course there are 2 engines to build
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I broke off one of the nose gun barrels late in the build so I replaced all 4 with after market ones. Also as Tamiya's decals are Brad Pitt I used Montex masks for the roundels and letters and wet transfers for the small stuff.
Image

Image

Image

My next project is the Battle of Britain Memorial flight in 1/48 using Tamiya's 1/48 Lancaster so that will take a while.
User avatar
Avgas
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Posts: 2819
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Englandshire
Equatorial Guinea

Re: Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito

Post by Avgas »

What a great build, top class stuff there.
My next project is the Battle of Britain Memorial flight in 1/48 using Tamiya's 1/48 Lancaster so that will take a while.
Looking forward to that!
Regards, Dave.
mick
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:02 pm
Wales

Re: Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito

Post by mick »

great work
pitbuilder
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:36 am
Location: Eumundi Australia

Re: Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito

Post by pitbuilder »

Thanks guys, I have just started a 1/48 Airfix Hurricane, shame Tamiya doesn't make one in 48 or what would be really good one in 1/32 Scale to go with the spit.
User avatar
demarcation
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 pm
Location: Denmark
Denmark

Re: Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito

Post by demarcation »

Looks great!! :th:
:cheers2:

//Anders
Post Reply

Return to “Air Gallery”