Page 1 of 1

Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:32 am
by Solaias
Hello everyone,

I have been watching some modelling on youtube for nearly a year now and decided to take the plunge and start modelling myself. I have not modelled before, so I am taking baby steps and starting off with the easy stuff. :)

I have also decided to record my exploits and have just started a YT channel. There are only two vids up atm, but more are "in the works" as they say. :)

I'm hoping to eventually become good enough to tackle the bigger and more complex kits. I'd also like to get into painting the models, but I need to buy and airbrush etc still. I'd love to get one, but my bank account says otherwise. :D

YT channel if anyone is interested: Solaias Models

Robin. :)

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:07 am
by Icemannique
:hi: :welcome: to ISM.

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 am
by ElCapitan
:welcome: Robin (A good name by the way :thumb2:)

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:03 pm
by Solaias
Icemannique wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 11:07 am :hi: :welcome: to ISM.
Thank you. :banana:
ElCapitan wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 am :welcome: Robin (A good name by the way :thumb2:)
:cheers2:

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:04 pm
by SergioSolo
Welcome aboard!

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm
by Avgas
:welcome:

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:59 pm
by privatepete
Hi Robin :welcome: to ISM :th:

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:58 pm
by DarrenCo
:welcome: Hi Robin,

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 am
by Solaias
Thank you, everyone. :)

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:12 am
by Kevthemodeller
:welcome:

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:56 pm
by DrSprue
Hi Robin, do what I did for years and get a spray rattle can with primer and color and enjoy the beauty of the slide off decals for cars and such. A couple cans are not bad for the moment as opposed to the expense of an airbrush and booth. Look how much time your out making a 20 dollar model!It adds up better really. Oh and Im new as well really!

Oh yea :welcome: to ISM, the best club in the world! :banana:

Re: Hello from a new modeller

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:30 pm
by Joesdad
:welcome: Hi Tony :hi: