Vallejo Model Color - How to thin for Airbrush??
Posted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:25 pm
Gentlemen,
I have been hand painting using mostly Vallejo Model Color. I am about to try using an airbrush. I know Vallejo Air Color is the preferred Vallejo
paint for an airbrush. However, I have an inventory of Vallejo Model Color that I do not want to discard. I have read about using Vallejo Color in airbrushing. What I understand are the following:
1. Do not thin with alcohol as this will change the paint into jelly consistency.
2. Use Vallejo retarder so as to minimize airbrush clogging since paint will dry very quickly.
3. Use Liquitex flow aid to help in easying the paint application.
4. Use a Vallejo thinner.
However, I was unable to ascertain how much of each to use in proportion to the paint. Mostly what ratio of thinner to paint to use.
If anyone use Vallejo Model Color in an airbrush I would appreciate your comments on how this is done. I plan to use an IWATA HP-C
airbrush with a .35mm needle to paint mostly 1/35 scale tanks and 1/48 scale aircraft.
Thanks.
Warren
I have been hand painting using mostly Vallejo Model Color. I am about to try using an airbrush. I know Vallejo Air Color is the preferred Vallejo
paint for an airbrush. However, I have an inventory of Vallejo Model Color that I do not want to discard. I have read about using Vallejo Color in airbrushing. What I understand are the following:
1. Do not thin with alcohol as this will change the paint into jelly consistency.
2. Use Vallejo retarder so as to minimize airbrush clogging since paint will dry very quickly.
3. Use Liquitex flow aid to help in easying the paint application.
4. Use a Vallejo thinner.
However, I was unable to ascertain how much of each to use in proportion to the paint. Mostly what ratio of thinner to paint to use.
If anyone use Vallejo Model Color in an airbrush I would appreciate your comments on how this is done. I plan to use an IWATA HP-C
airbrush with a .35mm needle to paint mostly 1/35 scale tanks and 1/48 scale aircraft.
Thanks.
Warren