Page 1 of 1

Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:44 pm
by Warren
Gentlemen,

I will be using an IWATA HP C Pluse airbrush with a .35mm needle.
I am curious about using Ultimate thinner.
1. I have read that for Model Masters acrlyic it is best to use the Testor's thinner. Someone else uses Ultimate for Model Master. What is your opinion?
2. For Tamiya acrylic most have suggested using Tamiya A20A for thinning. Can I use Ultimate?
3. For Vallejo Air many suggested using Vallejo thinner, and others distilled water. Can I use Ultimate?
4. For Vallejo Model Color same as Vallejo Air- use Vallejo thinner and/or distilled water. Can I use Ultimate?

I know Ultimate is highly regarded in some of the videos I have seen on this web site. I would prefer to use Ultimate if it produces results on par with the paint
manufacturer's thinner.

Thanks.
Warren

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:17 pm
by Paul
Yes to all and in a lot of cases our thinner actually improves the paint. :banana:

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 pm
by Lee
Our thinner works with EVERY known acrylic paint bar none, including the likes of Tamiya & Gunze, which are only partial acrylics. One thinner will do ALL your acrylic paints :th:

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:42 am
by Warren
Paul et al,
Thanks.
Warren

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:32 pm
by CraigPetterson
Warren I'm new to airbrushing and only have Ultimate thinner I've used it successfully with Tamiya, Vallejo Model Air and MIG Ammo paints. As a beginner I mixed it as per the ratio sheet giving with the thinner and so far I've had great results.

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:28 am
by Augustus
I only use acrylics and use Ultimate thinner for almost everything except sometimes Mr Color Self Levelling Thinner for a bit of Tamiya or Mr Hobby Aqueous depending on the job. And I'm don't just stick to one make of paint, I buy paints depending on which I think is the best for the job.

I have paint by Tamiya, Mr Hobby, Ammo/Mig, AK-Interactive, Vallejo Model Colour/Model Air/Panzer Aces, Badger, Model Master, Andrea, and Lifecolour (maybe even more that's just off the top of me head lol) and spray all using Ultimate. I even add a drop or two when hand painting with all the above plus Citadel.

It not only works, it works very well!

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:55 pm
by Warren
Gentlemen,
Thanks.

Warren

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:01 am
by powell090
I am not quite sure about it.

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 am
by Paul
powell090 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:01 am I am not quite sure about it.
What are you not sure about?

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:26 am
by Stokesy44
I use Ultimate for thinning paints through my air brush but also for brush painting.

Its great on paint designed specifically for airbrushing but it also thins paint like Vallejo Model Colour and Scale 75 for brush painting too. It can also thin both of those products for use in the air brush when needed.

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:04 am
by digger303
Lee wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 pm Our thinner works with EVERY known acrylic paint bar none, including the likes of Tamiya & Gunze, which are only partial acrylics. One thinner will do ALL your acrylic paints :th:
Does that include the water based yellow Humbol. Cause that ain't my favourite paint.

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:09 am
by Paul
digger303 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:04 am
Lee wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 pm Our thinner works with EVERY known acrylic paint bar none, including the likes of Tamiya & Gunze, which are only partial acrylics. One thinner will do ALL your acrylic paints :th:
Does that include the water based yellow Humbol. Cause that ain't my favourite paint.
Yes although it is terrible paint

Re: Ultimate Thinner ?? Vallejo ??? Master Color??? Tamiya??

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:33 am
by sectoid1
Ultimate thinner is great but i use 40% ethanol with a drop of vallejo retarder and vallejo airflow improver. Works great for tamiya, vallejo and hobby acrylic paints.