Page 1 of 1

Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:07 am
by shortCummins
Image

I've uploaded the photos to flickr, thank for the extra work photo*ucket :evil:

Tamiya’s 1:48 Lockheed Martin F16C kit number: 101
No aftermarket however I’ve added some plumbing to the landing gear, I’m not sure it really needed it.
When I build this kit again I’ll get some aftermarket decals, typical Tamiya’s are so thick yet fragile.
All in all its a nice kit to build, you need to plan when you paint the wheel wells and I didn’t get the air scoop to line up fully, unless you crank your neck your never going to see it anyway but I know its there, while I was taking the photos one of the fuel tanks kept falling off, I’d just press-fitted it, now I’ve glued it in place.

So enough blather, here’s the photos…
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I've setup a build log over on YouTube
[youtube]Aqbu06y2Kss[/youtube]

You can read my build log here…
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21688

until next time
as always, any suggestions, criticisms or comments will be gratefully received.
rgds
John(shortCummins)

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:13 am
by Avgas
Super build John, I would be proud to put that one on the shelf.

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:09 pm
by TommyKillander
What a beauty! :banana:

Excellent work and I really liked the effect of the dot filtering.

:cheers2:
Tommy

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:27 pm
by demarcation
Awesome work!! :th: :jd:

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:24 pm
by DougvH
Super clean, and awesome detail John :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:22 pm
by RossiM1
Very nice John lovely build and finish :th:

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:56 pm
by shortCummins
thanks guys, you can't really go wrong with a Tamiya kit, if only they'd use cartograph decals

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:08 pm
by MrGav
Beautiful work, love the weathering effect on the wings :th:

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:42 pm
by Nev
Top draw sir :thumb2:

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:07 am
by Zen
Love it! Excellent work! :bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:56 am
by Aliktren
awesome work!

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 am
by Stokesy44
Very nice. Love those 1/48 F16s! :clap:

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:32 am
by shortCummins
MrGav wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 11:08 pm Beautiful work, love the weathering effect on the wings :th:
Nev wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 11:42 pm Top draw sir :thumb2:
Zen wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 2:07 am Love it! Excellent work! :bow:: :bow:: :cheers2:
Aliktren wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:56 am awesome work!
Stokesy44 wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 am Very nice. Love those 1/48 F16s! :clap:
thanks guys, it was a really enjoyable build
rgds
John(shortCummins)

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:14 am
by Aeon
Photo links are ''dead''.

Re: Tamiya 1:48 - F16C - Reveal

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:49 am
by shortCummins
I've setup a build log over on YouTube

[youtube]Aqbu06y2Kss[/youtube]