Bears ......

All your in progress builds in here

Moderator: T3hGuppy

Post Reply
User avatar
Muzrik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Location: Scotland
Scotland

Bears ......

Post by Muzrik »

Hi guys I thought I would join you in this buddy build it looks a lot of fun. Never built an animal before so looking forward to see how that turns out. Any & all advice is appropriated so much.. Thank you for taking the time to read this thread... :th:

This is my proposed offering, this is also my first Master Box kit
Image
Image
Last edited by Muzrik on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Steve

On The Bench:
Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V
Master Box 1/35 Scout & Tracker
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bears ......

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Great subject
Good luck in your build :thumb2:
:cheers2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
AdamLuscombe
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:57 pm
Location: texas
United States of America

Re: Bears ......

Post by AdamLuscombe »

Good luck with the build :)
On the bench:
Dragon
1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/48
Italeri
1/24 Ford Escort Mk. II
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Bears ......

Post by Lysus »

Image

:pop:
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bears ......

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Lysus wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:56 pm Image

:pop:
Image
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Muzrik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Location: Scotland
Scotland

Re: Bears ......

Post by Muzrik »

:lol: You Can't See the Bears :scratch::

This is a first for me A Sprue with Poo!
Image
This made me laugh ..
Last edited by Muzrik on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Steve

On The Bench:
Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V
Master Box 1/35 Scout & Tracker
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bears ......

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Oh that is hilarious...we want to see that you get all the shading correct on it when you paint those road apples
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Muzrik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Location: Scotland
Scotland

Re: Bears ......

Post by Muzrik »

Sorry about the quality of the photos guys, as you can probably tell I'm using my phone..

First thing I noticed seam lines
Image
Image

A little later after using my Ultimate sanders I think it came out ok
Image

After gluing both halves of one of the horses together it did have a bit of a gap
Image
Image

I used some Tamiya Putty on this
Image
Image
I thought I had a photo of sanding this down but I don't :wall:

I glue the head on & sand back a ridge line this caused
Image

Then I used the Tamiya Putty again to fill in some little gaps
Image

I try to sand the neck smooth ready for primmer, I have also been repeating the process with the other horse
Image
I am having so much fun with this :pistols: :pistols:
Last edited by Muzrik on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Steve

On The Bench:
Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V
Master Box 1/35 Scout & Tracker
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Bears ......

Post by Lysus »

Haha, maybe considering the poo the gap at the back is supposed to be there ;)

Glad you're enjoying this, I know I am just watching it.
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Muzrik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Location: Scotland
Scotland

Re: Bears ......

Post by Muzrik »

Lysus wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:29 pm Haha, maybe considering the poo the gap at the back is supposed to be there ;)

Glad you're enjoying this, I know I am just watching it.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
:lol: :lol: That never even crossed my mind :wall: Thank's for your comments & checking this out. :cheers2:
Cheers Steve

On The Bench:
Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V
Master Box 1/35 Scout & Tracker
User avatar
Muzrik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Location: Scotland
Scotland

Re: Bears ......

Post by Muzrik »

I didn't like the way the tail was sitting just using glue. So with a little web search I think pinning the tail on the horse is the way to go if you pardon the pun :dance: So used my friend Youtube & found someone using Paper Clips for the wire " Another great idea " :pistols:
Image
That is not a Poo Hole
Test fit went ok
Image

Used super glue to put the pin in place & then fitted both parts togrther..
Image

The two figures went together quiet quick.
Image
A little clean up & ready for Primer, I'm using Vallejo Black Primer

Airbrushed using H&S at 27psi
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by Muzrik on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers Steve

On The Bench:
Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V
Master Box 1/35 Scout & Tracker
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bears ......

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

Oooooo they are in a tent
Does the bear attack them in the tent?? I bet he does, attacks them in the dead of night
They probably left their food with them in the tent so as to attract the bear

I am having a slow afternoon at work :shifty:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
User avatar
Lysus
Captain
Captain
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm
Location: Seattle, US
United States of America

Re: Bears ......

Post by Lysus »

Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 am Oooooo they are in a tent
Does the bear attack them in the tent?? I bet he does, attacks them in the dead of night
They probably left their food with them in the tent so as to attract the bear

I am having a slow afternoon at work :shifty:
They're out there...waiting...plotting...

Image
Backlog Progress: |||||||||||||||-------|----------|----------| 26/80
On the bench: Hasegawa 1/72 Tatiana's Vanship
Last Completed: Bandai HGUC Geara Zulu // Hasegawa 1/48 J2M3Raiden Prisoner of War
User avatar
Muzrik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Location: Scotland
Scotland

Re: Bears ......

Post by Muzrik »

Lysus wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:56 am
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:38 am Oooooo they are in a tent
Does the bear attack them in the tent?? I bet he does, attacks them in the dead of night
They probably left their food with them in the tent so as to attract the bear

I am having a slow afternoon at work :shifty:
They're out there...waiting...plotting...

Image
:banana: Excellent, just putting my Poundland Food Cover to good use as a dust sheet :hi:
Cheers Steve

On The Bench:
Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V
Master Box 1/35 Scout & Tracker
User avatar
Muzrik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Location: Scotland
Scotland

Re: Bears ......

Post by Muzrik »

Don't know anything about painting animals at all and only painted a couple of 1/35 figures.
I have Tamiya & Vallejo paints & Master Box callout sheet is Vallejo,so Like with all my models if I don't have the exact colour I just make do which looks ok to me.
For the Horses
Image
Base on this is XF-64 & XF-15 in places
Image
Image
Here I used XF-55 Then sprayed big dots of XF-64
Image
Image
Next the base clothing colour for the figures
Image
I used the Lighter Blue just on the riders trousers
Image
Last edited by Muzrik on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Steve

On The Bench:
Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V
Master Box 1/35 Scout & Tracker
User avatar
Muzrik
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 pm
Location: Scotland
Scotland

Re: Bears ......

Post by Muzrik »

Image
I can't remember when I pick this up but it must have been on Sale.
In this pack you get six pots all different colours 2,Base/2,Hi-lights & 2,Shadow

I used 1 of the base colours on the rider & I use the lighter of the 2 Shadow pots as the base for the Tracker
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by Muzrik on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Steve

On The Bench:
Academy 1/72 Tempest Mk V
Master Box 1/35 Scout & Tracker
User avatar
Twokidsnosleep
General
General
Posts: 18481
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: BC,Canada
Canada

Re: Bears ......

Post by Twokidsnosleep »

You are doing GREAT!!!
They are coming alive :thumb2:
Scott

On, Under or near the desk
Mr Tamiya Memorial build...Alfa Romeo Bt-46
Post Reply

Return to “Build section”