MINIART Workable Tank Links - that they are not!

General Modelling discusion that doesn't fit into any of the other sections
Post Reply
Warren
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:10 am
United States of America

MINIART Workable Tank Links - that they are not!

Post by Warren »

I purchased a MiniArt workable tank links for a T34 tank (Academy kit), since the tracks that came it the kit were horrible.

I was unable to "clip" the links together. I had to cut off the link pins, and then I was able to put the links together. However,
this was in essence "link length tracks", and not workable tracks since I had to glue the links.

There is a video on YOUTUBE by an individual who tried everything to clip the links together. He even built a jig just to do this.
He ended up doing what I had to do.

The kit was very inexpensive, US$16 including shipping costs from Atlanta, Georgia. As they say, you get what you pay for. Avoid the MINIART
tank links, unless you want to have "link length" tank tracks.

Warren
User avatar
digger303
General
General
Posts: 16667
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am
Location: Western Australia
Australia

Re: MINIART Workable Tank Links - that they are not!

Post by digger303 »

Listen and appear wise
Image
Image

scalemates stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... ION[]=Kits
Image
Warren
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:10 am
United States of America

Re: MINIART Workable Tank Links - that they are not!

Post by Warren »

Digger,
Too bad I did not read the Armorama review before I purchased the MINIART tracks.

warren
Post Reply

Return to “Modelling Chat”