Page 1 of 1
HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:26 am
by CJSomerset
I'm helping* my 11 year old son make a model Anderson shelter for a school history project, it's only corrugated card and paper machia but it's looking pretty good. Now we need to "make" some grass, but I'm not a duo builder!
It's quite big about 1/12 but i'm sure he won't notice if it's not the right scale. Any tips, preferably using house hold supplies would by much appreciated because as a modellers son he HAS to have the best in class.
* Yes I REALLY am only helping but the urge to build a better one one he's in bed is starting to keep me up at night

Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:26 am
by Joker56
Unravel sissal string ( think that's how to spell it , dye green cut to lenght needed buddy
Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:07 pm
by digger303
some herbs can be used as ground scatter
Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:52 am
by Augustus
There's a couple of YouTubers I watch that might be able to help. They mostly do terrain for war gaming but it's transferable.
I'm thinking of Mel The Terrain Tutor and Luke's APS. Luke especially does things cheap and uses everyday products (like house paint, household clear silicon for water etc).
I don't know if you'll find exactly what you're looking but they're worth watching anyway.
Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:23 pm
by CJSomerset
Thanks all, Luke APS is exactly what I wanted.
Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:29 am
by Stokesy44
digger303 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:07 pm
some herbs can be used as ground scatter
Yeah but you end up with a dio you want to eat!

Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:34 am
by digger303
Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:08 pm
by Stokesy44
Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:03 am
by digger303
Must be ready to head off to Spain for shortly then
Actually my sister in law is back over there now to look after her mum for a while. The younger son can't cope, and he retired 2 yrs ago at 49 . She says you need a cardie and a jumper to survive the summer.

Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:16 am
by Stokesy44
Re: HOME MADE GRASS
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:34 am
by digger303
Sounds like a very good plan and the beaches are better. Thinking of heading off to Broome ourselves. Just driving up and getting away from here, it is so dry ( middle of winter ) everything is brown like the middle of summer. A bad one I'm afraid.
Actually when you think about ...many have been locked up for having too much home made GRASS !
