IDF M51 Super Sherman
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:12 pm
Scale Model & Modelling Forum
https://dev.globalscalemodeller.com/






Thanks Tony, we will see what I can dream up for this buildDrSprue wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:12 am Wow very cool Tank. Seems one we grew up with. Good luck luck with the build Pete. Ill be watching.![]()




















r



kr




















Cheers António its coming together slowrodrant wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:37 pm Looking very good , like all the scratch work you are doing ...after the Tiran this is another one that I have to build , but mine will be OOB.Love your build thread so far ...to follow , seems we may have here a fine piece of modelling !
![]()
Thanks, there's more to come
Thank you kindly young sir, there more to comeDrSprue wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:43 pm Looking great Pete, yea all the detail and PE work looks awesome!![]()
Hehe! Young.. I think were the same age Pete!privatepete wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:36 pmThank you kindly young sir, there more to comeDrSprue wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:43 pm Looking great Pete, yea all the detail and PE work looks awesome!![]()
![]()


















Yes we are, that must make me a young sir toDrSprue wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:42 pmHehe! Young.. I think were the same age Pete!privatepete wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:36 pmThank you kindly young sir, there more to comeDrSprue wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:43 pm Looking great Pete, yea all the detail and PE work looks awesome!![]()
![]()
![]()
privatepete wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:00 pmYes we are, that must make me a young sir to![]()
Cheers Rob



















Yes i know I haven't fitted the kitchen sink








You are mostschweinhund227 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:42 pm WELL.... if I ever buy a Sherman hull.... this will be it ! Thanks for sharing !![]()
Thank you I'm glad you like it, I used a handle bender tool from Tool RP Toolz it is a god send, hope i was some help and ask as meany question as you like my friend someone on here will probably know or help in some wayRCehFFan wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:18 am WOW!colour me impressed. Great info and an excellent looking build. One small question if I may, what type of tool do you use for making grab handles?
![]()

Hi Tony, thanks I use it on ever build I do which is mainly armour
Hi Tony there is nothing wrong with your knowledge its me I can't spell to save my life that's why there's a lot's of pictures in my buildsDrSprue wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:46 pm what does hard painted mean Pete? Sorry but my tank noob knowledge is showing!![]()
Oh yea your just like me I cant sprell a thing eidder... haha!privatepete wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:23 pmHi Tony there is nothing wrong with your knowledge its me I can't spell to save my life that's why there's a lot's of pictures in my buildsDrSprue wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:46 pm what does hard painted mean Pete? Sorry but my tank noob knowledge is showing!![]()
![]()
It should read. "All my models are hand painted"
Hi David thank youStokesy44 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:17 pm Just seeing this build for the first time my friend.
Looking superb as ever. Going to be good seeing you bring this desert beasty to life![]()
Cheers Gaz, hand painting is for health reason not by choicegaz45 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:25 pm Very nice work there mate, Hand painted i have trouble getting that kind of finish with an airbrush![]()
Why Pete, I have an old airbrush I havnt touched in over 20 years (corse, I didnt use it much back then), just getting back into modeling again and have not done any air brushing at all, but only building a few kits over the last few months to get used to it, but ready to start airbrushing again. This will be in my garage, I have no spray booth. If you dont mind me asking, is there anything I should watch out for relating to that? I know you and I are the same age.privatepete wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:14 pmCheers Gaz, hand painting is for health reason not by choicegaz45 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:25 pm Very nice work there mate, Hand painted i have trouble getting that kind of finish with an airbrush![]()
![]()
I have severe Emphysema /COPD so a air brushing is big no no,I all so have other health issues and have to take a bucket full drugs. A few mouth ago I had lung volume reduction surgery they removed 2/3 of my right lung, thing are a bit better, only on oxygen for 4 hours a day was 12 hours, all of this was down to smoking and asbestos not airbrushing.DrSprue wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:10 pmWhy Pete, I have an old airbrush I havnt touched in over 20 years (corse, I didnt use it much back then), just getting back into modeling again and have not done any air brushing at all, but only building a few kits over the last few months to get used to it, but ready to start airbrushing again. This will be in my garage, I have no spray booth. If you dont mind me asking, is there anything I should watch out for relating to that? I know you and I are the same age.privatepete wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:14 pmCheers Gaz, hand painting is for health reason not by choicegaz45 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:25 pm Very nice work there mate, Hand painted i have trouble getting that kind of finish with an airbrush![]()
![]()
I will do that my friend, thank you so much for sharing that Pete!! Sometimes we think, espcalliay when we were yunger is that its just a quick spray, ill just hold my breath, or a cheap paper mask will work fine, no its super fine paint. We all need to take care and to be careful.privatepete wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:32 amI have severe Emphysema /COPD so a air brushing is big no no,I all so have other health issues and have to take a bucket full drugs. A few mouth ago I had lung volume reduction surgery they removed 2/3 of my right lung, thing are a bit better, only on oxygen for 4 hours a day was 12 hours, all of this was down to smoking and asbestos not airbrushing.DrSprue wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:10 pmWhy Pete, I have an old airbrush I havnt touched in over 20 years (corse, I didnt use it much back then), just getting back into modeling again and have not done any air brushing at all, but only building a few kits over the last few months to get used to it, but ready to start airbrushing again. This will be in my garage, I have no spray booth. If you dont mind me asking, is there anything I should watch out for relating to that? I know you and I are the same age.privatepete wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:14 pm
Cheers Gaz, hand painting is for health reason not by choice![]()
Please wear a good quality mask with replaceable fillers and as much ventilation as possible while there isn't really a chemical smell there will still be plenty of paint particles going round which will get into your lungs every time you breath in. For safety best to wear one you only have one pair of lungs look after them.
Its best to ask any of the guys who airbrush they will point you in the right direction and good luck then you start.
Much appreciated Anders thank youdemarcation wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:01 pm Your brush painting abilities are second to none mate(sorry about your health issues), and this Sherman will be another jaw dropper!! Brilliant work so far.![]()