Page 1 of 1

Lysus' Robot Horse Attack Fun Time Go! - REVEAL

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:01 pm
by Lysus
I have some photo fixin' to do in the WIP, but here it is. I ALMOST finished on time, but life circumstances robbed me of that glory yet again. Custom paint scheme and I added a sword from a Kotobukiya weapon set, a chain from a jewelry store, and a "pumpkin" made from a spare Petit'gguy head.

Les, thanks for cooking this up in your weird noggin, hope to do something like this again, it was fun!

As for the kit, it's both good and bad. The Good: It's super well articulated, I didn't take any snaps of it, but you can do just about any kung-fu move you can imagine with the rider (Master Gundam). It's pretty great in that way. It's also simple yet with some decent details, which I like.

The Bad: The horse is pretty much fixed in that position. You can wiggle the forelegs a bit but otherwise it must be in the "rearing up" position which is a real shame. I'd love to be able to do more with posing it. The kit is also showing its age a little in that you'll have seams EVERYWHERE. Newer Bandai kits do a great job of hiding them for you, but this one does not. I ended up just chiseling out some panel lines instead on the legs as I grew tired of filling and sanding every. Damn. Part.

Enjoy!

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=615&t=22487

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Lysus' Robot Horse Attack Fun Time Go! - REVEAL

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:48 am
by Twokidsnosleep
Snice :thumb2:

Copyright lawyers from Disney and the Headless Horsman should be banging on your door
aaaannnny second now

Re: Lysus' Robot Horse Attack Fun Time Go! - REVEAL

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:52 am
by MarkVerploeg
That looks intresting
But some nice painting
I like the colors

Re: Lysus' Robot Horse Attack Fun Time Go! - REVEAL

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:25 am
by Lysus
Twokidsnosleep wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:48 am Snice :thumb2:

Copyright lawyers from Disney and the Headless Horsman should be banging on your door
aaaannnny second now
Joke's on them, Legend of Sleepy Hollow is fair use!
MarkVerploeg wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:52 am That looks intresting
But some nice painting
I like the colors
Thanks, Mark. I intended to rust up the horse and add post shading to the rider but time ran out and I wanted it off the bench. Strangely I did a little post shading on the bear pumpkin anyway. But they look a little flat to me without the extra work. Ah well...

Re: Lysus' Robot Horse Attack Fun Time Go! - REVEAL

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:29 pm
by Tomcat64
Well that's suitably off the wall! :clap:

Re: Lysus' Robot Horse Attack Fun Time Go! - REVEAL

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:25 pm
by Lysus
Tomcat64 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:29 pm Well that's suitably off the wall! :clap:
Ya, wanted to weather it up but tempos fugit and all that. :cheers2: