Page 1 of 1

Saturn V

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 am
by mac1785
OMG

Just went to the store to pick up a couple of pots of paint and walked out with a Dragon 1/72 Saturn V rocket (the wife is going to be so pleased :o :o :x ). This thing is huge will stand just over 5 feet when completed.

Photos to follow but I cant wait have already started a tamyia tape dry fit.

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:38 am
by Lee
REALLY looking forward to this build! I need to get some eating popcorn smilies sorted :D

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:21 am
by Paul
mac1785 wrote:OMG

Just went to the store to pick up a couple of pots of paint and walked out with a Dragon 1/72 Saturn V rocket (the wife is going to be so pleased :o :o :x ). This thing is huge will stand just over 5 feet when completed.

Photos to follow but I cant wait have already started a tamyia tape dry fit.
Ha ha as always happens, you to in for one thing come out with a 5ft model :lol: will love to that built.

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:39 pm
by schweinhund227
LOL

I had something similar as a kid ! probably Revell or Monogram ??? I can't remember but it was Huge and I miss it ! maybe one day ?

Good luck with it and Enjoy !

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:43 pm
by Gav0909
Pics pics pics pics pics pics pics!!

That thing is going to be so awesome! Hope you bought enough white and black paint!

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:56 pm
by Lee
Gav0909 wrote:Pics pics pics pics pics pics pics!!

That thing is going to be so awesome! Hope you bought enough white and black paint!
Yep, I think we need to see some box and sprue shots at the very least ASAP....lol ;)

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 am
by mac1785
Sorry guys had a camera melt down and it came go out and get the camera seen to or build models (guess which won). So just shot some crappy ones with the phone.

Image

Image

These don't include what I have used to build

Image

Image

Image

Sorry but the LEM is painted in black ready for the silver to go down.

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 am
by schweinhund227
Wow! Already underway? Nice!

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:48 am
by mac1785
Yeah my wife will tell you when patience was being handed out I was to busy to join the line. :D :D

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:06 am
by Paul
Wow that's a monster

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:25 am
by Lee
Holy moly just look at the size of that thing......!!!!

That's gonna look great sat in the corner of the room when it's finished..... :D

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:19 pm
by AlexModelling
FANTASTIC!!!!! LOVE IT! with me is the same... i always go to the shop to buy a litlle tiny thing and... return with lots and lots of bags.. or just one like you.. BUT HUUUUGEE! great build mate:)

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:57 pm
by modellingmadness
Just sit back and relax :pop: I love this smilie :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: SPAM!

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:47 pm
by bullgill67
Hells delight :bow::

michael

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:36 pm
by Bagpiper
I had a small version of this many years ago. Never had the stuff (tools/paint/glue/money...lol) to build it. So I am really looking forward to following this build.

Very nice

Jim

Re: Saturn V

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:06 am
by T3hGuppy
Cool stuff. Looking forward to seeing this take shape.