Page 1 of 1

1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:35 pm
by Cymru
Well, not a bad kit from Hasegawa. The Will Pattison method is the only way to go for that true mirror finish, thanks for sharing WP! Although I found it hard to apply that wet coat and not get "sag" which shows up on some of these pics :( The bloody carpet monster ate the rear half of the canopy and I managed to bend the MG whilst taking the photo's, I darn't try and bend it back as I know it will brake! All in all a great SIG with some super final reveals, great job everybody. :thumb2:

Build thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=604&t=23187

Re: 1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:37 pm
by Cymru
Final reveal...

Re: 1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:37 pm
by Cymru
Final reveal...

Re: 1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:38 pm
by Cymru
Final reveal...

Re: 1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:38 pm
by Cymru
Final reveal...

Re: 1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:15 pm
by DrSprue
Wow! :jd:

Re: 1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:40 am
by TommyKillander
Excellent metal finish and overall paintjob! :clap:

That cockpit looks great :th:

:cheers2:
Tommy

Re: 1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:28 am
by Tomcat64
Great work mate - love the shiny! :clap:

Re: 1:48 Hasegawa P38-J Lightning

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:18 pm
by pourquoi61
Yes I have to agree that is a wonderful paint job. :pistols: :pistols: :pistols: