Hard Work!
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:43 pm
Is clearing the bench on started kits to make room for some of my new arrivals, apart from the Revell Hawk here, the others were pretty hard work really, the Sabre especially, all in 1/32 BTW.
But I really need to finish these, they are so well on progress wise, and then I have two WW2 1/32 half finished Aircraft kits to finish too, but once thats done I can get stuck into less sanding and filling kits that I own like the new Tamiya Corsair that I'll really enjoy from start to finish.
I was determined to get a seamless intake on the Sabre and had more or less got it that way after hours of filler and skinny sanding and totally forgot I'd have to mate it with the intake nose too that should be just as smooth, its all a bit rough looking just now but I know I'm almost there and dont have to cop out by using the provided intake cover, bit more fine sanding some primer and re-scribing too and i can close the fore and aft Sabre fuselage and get on with the final finish that i enjoy ... just hope there is enough lead weight in the nose to stop it being a tail sitter.
Moral of this story is, dont get started on too many kits at once and think you will finish them before the next one ... from now on after these I'm building and focusing on one kit at a time



But I really need to finish these, they are so well on progress wise, and then I have two WW2 1/32 half finished Aircraft kits to finish too, but once thats done I can get stuck into less sanding and filling kits that I own like the new Tamiya Corsair that I'll really enjoy from start to finish.
I was determined to get a seamless intake on the Sabre and had more or less got it that way after hours of filler and skinny sanding and totally forgot I'd have to mate it with the intake nose too that should be just as smooth, its all a bit rough looking just now but I know I'm almost there and dont have to cop out by using the provided intake cover, bit more fine sanding some primer and re-scribing too and i can close the fore and aft Sabre fuselage and get on with the final finish that i enjoy ... just hope there is enough lead weight in the nose to stop it being a tail sitter.
Moral of this story is, dont get started on too many kits at once and think you will finish them before the next one ... from now on after these I'm building and focusing on one kit at a time


