Page 1 of 1
Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:08 pm
by chief5437
I'm twiddling my fingers waiting for the Cold War GB to start so I thought I'd post my WIPs.
Don't hold your breath, these are loooong term projects. Especially as I'm all armoured out, I need to do some aircraft! Lol
Looking at my references, there a quite a few radios,harness control boxes, and linkages missing from the kit interior. So I've added a few bits with solder wire and evergreen card.
This will be a model of the M10 that my grandfather commanded in WWII, so I only work on it when I'm full to the brim with Russ juice! Lol!
Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:07 pm
by chief5437
Dry fitting of hull and turret.
Although appliqué armour was never manufactured for the M10, I've got photos of field fabricated armour being mounted. So I knocked some up from evergreen.

Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:06 pm
by McLeod
Looking good, one of my favourite looking allied vehicles of ww2.
17lber M10 Achilles looked better than the US 76mm M10 Wolverine, I think too just because of the gun lol
Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:45 pm
by T3hGuppy
Great looking M10.
That interior is amazing.
Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:20 am
by Coen
Too much Russ juice is never a bad thing.
This is phenomenal work Chief.
Absolutely crazy good.
Your weathering it text book perfect.

Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:46 pm
by Gav0909
Nice additions there mate. I really enjoyed building my one of these.
If your going for accuracy as I can see you are, then you want to get rid of those ammo canisters. They were the cardboard sleeves that the US 3 inch gun ammo came in. The British 17 pdr Achilles used different ammo obviously, and those rounds came in wooden crates and were stored in the internal racks as bare shells.
Should turn out nice this.
Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:25 am
by chief5437
Cheers Gav, yeah I found that the Brit M10 had modified racks to carry the bare shells, but I can't afford to shell(lol) out on a load of brass at the mo.
This is a long term project so hoping to get some like yours eventually.
Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:26 pm
by Gav0909
Chief, £6 off ebay will get you a set of 12 brass 17 pdr shells with 3 different shell types. I got 2 sets for my M10 but only used a few. But they look bloody good.
Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:03 pm
by chief5437
£6? That's nowt, is it? Cheers for the heads up, dude!
Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:12 pm
by schweinhund227
a lot of work is going in there..... wow ! keep it coming !
Re: Italeri 1/35 M10 17lbr SPG
Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:58 pm
by ww2hispanomodels
Nice project! The interior looks nice and well painted!

When I see that some one bulid this kit I always look at it because it was my first kit.