Page 1 of 1

'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:59 pm
by Modelpro72
Hello Chaps.

This is my second entry to the group build and I can't wait to start it. I will post more information on the kit but just for a taster!!!! The kit is a copy of the Horizon moulding and it stands just under 15 inches which makes it a scale of 1/5. Horizon have done a multitude of different characters such as Wolverine, The Joker and Captain America. As I said above, this kit is a copy of the Horizon kit and which company it comes from is a mystery for me at the minute because I can't find a name on the box! Oh well. It's rather nice where ever it's come from.

As it's a big bugger I will be mostly (eating bourbon biscuits) airbrushing the lad with different shades of black and flesh tones. I'm not 100% sure on the best shades of paint when it comes to blood,flesh and sinew but I'll find out.

If you haven't seen the Questions Three video that Aaron Newlands did for Alexmodelling then please go and see it. Also see the response that Alex gave. Pure genius. This build is also in dedication to Alex who isn't too well.

And as always

I'll Be Back!!!








[youtube]JrsMBMjY4bM[/youtube]

[youtube]AZhPokDAVTQ[/youtube]

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:04 pm
by EpoxySniffer
Where did you get him from Lenny? There are a couple of recasters that sell on Fleabay from Thailand was it from one of them? I have been thinking of getting a couple of Star Wars figures from them but have been a bit wary of what the quality of the recast may be. Yours looks great though so I might take a chance on one.

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 pm
by Nige201980
That 1st video had me and the wife in tears mate when just fell apart on you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: brill mate.

Oh and looking forward to you building/painting him.

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 pm
by McLeod
EpoxySniffer wrote:Where did you get him from Lenny? There are a couple of recasters that sell on Fleabay from Thailand was it from one of them? I have been thinking of getting a couple of Star Wars figures from them but have been a bit wary of what the quality of the recast may be. Yours looks great though so I might take a chance on one.
I was just gonna ask the very same question too, I've been looking at the Predator figures on one of those Thai Fleabay shops

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:44 pm
by chief5437
I hope Alex gets better soon, I love his vids! (Oh, and yours of course!)

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 pm
by T3hGuppy
Nice one dude. :th:

Nearly fell off my chair laughing when the arm fell off :th:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 pm
by Paul
Lol funny as hell, hope Alex is feeling better soon. :th:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:31 pm
by Lee
Very good Lenny :rofl:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 pm
by Greg37985
Terminator with West Indian accent love it Lenny :thumb2:
Alex if your reading these get well soon matey

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:57 am
by Coen
Well done Lenny.
If you hear from the man, let him know that the boys are thinking about him.

I saw the arm fall off and thought "it's only a flesh wound... it's just a scratch"
I just about pissed myself laughing buddy.
:th: :th: :th: :th:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 am
by Modelpro72
Hello Gents.

Just a quick one. Has anyone used the below paints on the link below for skin tones? I know it's Vallejo but is it good for airbrushing?

Cheers fellas


http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/vallejo-game- ... skintones/


Lenny :ugeek:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 am
by Lee
This is the set I went for mate.... http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/lifecolor-fle ... -22ml-x-6/

Meant to be the best around :th:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 am
by Modelpro72
Lee wrote:This is the set I went for mate.... http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/lifecolor-fle ... -22ml-x-6/

Meant to be the best around :th:

Thank you Lee. Never used them before so I must ask this.

1. Do lifecolour have there own thinner or will water or another product do Tamiya/Vallejo?
2. Ratio for airbrushing?

Thank you mate

Lenny

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:43 am
by Paul
Modelpro72 wrote:
Lee wrote:This is the set I went for mate.... http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/lifecolor-fle ... -22ml-x-6/

Meant to be the best around :th:

Thank you Lee. Never used them before so I must ask this.

1. Do lifecolour have there own thinner or will water or another product do Tamiya/Vallejo?
2. Ratio for airbrushing?

Thank you mate

Lenny
They do there own thinner but tamiya x20a works perfectly well with them and they airbrush nice and smooth too, they also brush paint real nice too. 50/50 mix is fine too

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:24 pm
by Modelpro72
Paul wrote:
Modelpro72 wrote:
Lee wrote:This is the set I went for mate.... http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/lifecolor-fle ... -22ml-x-6/

Meant to be the best around :th:

Thank you Lee. Never used them before so I must ask this.

1. Do lifecolour have there own thinner or will water or another product do Tamiya/Vallejo?
2. Ratio for airbrushing?

Thank you mate

Lenny
They do there own thinner but tamiya x20a works perfectly well with them and they airbrush nice and smooth too, they also brush paint real nice too. 50/50 mix is fine too

Cheers mate. Just bought the set.

Lenny :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:13 pm
by Coen
Life colours also mix nicely with water as well Lenny. :th:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:46 pm
by UKscalemodeller
You going to finish the 'angel' first or do both at once?

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:22 am
by Lee
Thread cleaned Lenny :th:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 pm
by Modelpro72
Well Chaps

The 'Alexminator' is out of the box and having a bath. As you can see he wasn't too happy about it. But we press on.




[youtube]JLqMmUQOgB0[/youtube]

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm
by Modelpro72
Oh dear



[youtube]-qYMxnxuBhA[/youtube]

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:49 pm
by DC87
Great stuff Lenny, I had to watch them several times to get all the way through as I was on the floor laughing - genius :th:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:51 pm
by Lee
He is definitely a Rastafarian Lenny....!!! lol

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:23 pm
by Modelpro72
Lee wrote:He is definitely a Rastafarian Lenny....!!! lol

:wall: :wall:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:32 pm
by Coen
I damn near died!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:44 pm
by wappynutter
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Excellent Lenny.
Loved it....
How much better would the world be if all leaders had to address each other in their "best" Arnie voice..... :th:
Giggling to myself just imagining it.. :thumb1:
:cheers2:

Re: 'The Alexminator'

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:54 pm
by Nige201980
My sides are still aching from watching them earlier great stuff Lenny.